All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
anxiety =\
      #299556 - 02/11/07 07:21 PM
cacao

Reged: 01/19/07

can digestive enzymes cause D?
i ran a search and couldnt really find anything, but i didnt see as many people who are D take digestive enzymes as C so i just wanted to make sure i wont get D after taking 3 digest gold, probiotic and about 430 mg of mag citrate at different times. i'm getting pretty bad cramps now... i had 290 mg of mag citrate in the afternoon and 180 mg an hour ago. my anxiety is insane =\ didnt go to school on thurs or friday because my ibs symptoms were flaring up and my anxiety + depression skyrocketed. i was premenstrual as well.

Edited by cacao (02/11/07 07:26 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: anxiety =\ new
      #299573 - 02/11/07 08:39 PM
Digby

Reged: 07/31/04

My D acts up prior to my period. Anixety is also a trigger. Your D attack could be a result of those two things. Too much magnesium can act as a laxative as well. Not sure about the digestive enzymes, sorry.

You might want to drink some peppermint tea to calm your tummy. Hope you feel better soon!

#299586 - 02/12/07 04:32 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

I don't take digestive enzyme because they cause D for me. The reason, I believe, is that many digestive enzymes are just ground IF from plants.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

nasty question >< new
      #299741 - 02/13/07 04:12 PM
cacao

Reged: 01/19/07

sorry but what makes the BM less pebbly super sorry if tmi. its not like together... all piecy and hard to move >< rawr sorry would more SF help?
also it feels like if i eat spread the IF throughout the day it constipates me, like i need to eat a load at one time to get things moving. argh so frustrating, but maybe im just not eating enough IF? everything feels so stuck... does it become harder to come out the longer the fiber stays in the stomach? sorry for all the questions...i seem to be getting more and more confused...

Edited by cacao (02/13/07 05:46 PM)

#299772 - 02/14/07 05:29 AM
oldestofseven

Reged: 12/30/06
Loc: tiny almost unheard of town in the middle of Va

I'm not the best person to answer this, but I am D, and I take digestive enzymes (called Vegetarian Natural TROPICAL PAPAYA Enzyme Supplement, it was $19 at the HFS), Magnesium (250 mg twice a day, working my way up to more, especially the week before my period, its supposed to help cramping and D alot), and a probiotic supplement twice a day (Kyo-Dophilus, its for the upper AND lower intestines, not just one like Acidophilus. $20 at HFS) It doesn't seem to make my D worse, in fact its quite the opposite, I've been fairly stable since taking them (and following the diet of course) My anxiety is getting kinda bad now just cuz I'm expecting my period any day now, and my IBS gets soooo bad during that week, and I think I'm allergic to Aleve and other pain killers so I can't really take anything for it. But still no D. Good luck.

--------------------
Adrianna, IBS-D, stable since May 2007, living life to the fullest because of it!

Re: nasty question >< new
      #299776 - 02/14/07 06:34 AM
Life.Is.Random

Reged: 03/06/06
Loc: NJ

Are you usually D, C, or A? I'm C, so I take garlic pills, which help with mobility and it softens up the stool (TMI, I know....). Maybe if you tried the garlic pills or have some roasted garlic things would soften up. One warning, though: NEVER eat garlic on an empty stomach!!! I don't usually get an upset stomach from garlic (it actually helps with pain when my stomach's full), but my stomach goes crazy when I eat it on an empty one.

--------------------
Tierney
IBS-C
www.StandardProcess.com[/url] = the home of REAL supplements

#299924 - 02/15/07 04:25 PM
kikia

Reged: 02/10/07

i know that i get d around my period and horrible cramps and pain, you may be having d just on that alone, i would try the enzymes when you are done with your cycle so that you know what effect it has regardless of your cycle. i have endometriosis (sp?) and that with ibs is no fun at all.
i know that i have tried digestive enzymes, two different types, the papaya one, and another one that has all the enzymes...and i get a weird feeling after taking them, gas but not bloat...its hard to explain...i even think i felt lightheaded, maybe blood rushing to my stomach to digest...i don't know, but i do know i didn't get d, and although i am ibs-a, i very easily get d...very easily. hope you feel well . also i know that my heating pad is the best thing in the world, it helps with my anxiety and soothes everything, the anxiety almost ensures i'll get d...but that heating pad will curve it in a minute.

#301210 - 03/01/07 09:06 PM
MySumoBaby

Reged: 10/22/06
Loc: California

HEllo,
I'd D too, but haven't heard of taking the digestive enzymes-don't think my dr. knows to much about that...Do you take them to stabalize the D?

~Erica

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 525 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1489

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review