All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Acacia question
      #298818 - 02/03/07 03:27 PM
christie71

Reged: 01/20/07

I was hoping someone might be able to answer a question I have about switching from Citrucel to acacia. I am taking a mega dose (8scoops)of Citrucel daily under the direction of my Dr. for IBS-C. This is finally working for me, but my goal is to slowly transition to acacia b/c of concerns about the aspartame in Citrucel.
I am wondering if acacia will work the same way (being a soluble fiber) even if it does not thicken in water. I am not sure if it comes down to grams rather that the consistency of the fiber.
If anyone has any input on this or any other thoughts, I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Acacia question new
      #298820 - 02/03/07 04:17 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

I don't know anything about Citrucel but I know that Heather does a comparison of all the SF supplements if you look up the section on the home page under SF/IF supplements. You should make the change by taking the same amount of acacia in grams as you are taking in Citrucel. Then there shouldn't be much of a difference in how your body adjusts. I switched from Fibercon to Acacia but it was such a low dosage that I don't think it mattered. Good luck!

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

Re: Acacia question new
      #298846 - 02/04/07 05:55 AM
christie71

Reged: 01/20/07

Thanks for your input. Did you find the acacia worked more or less the same as the fibercon?

You can use... new
      #298847 - 02/04/07 05:55 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

...and should be using the non-sugar free version to avoid the artificial sweetener. The fruit smoothie version has less sugar and cals than the regular sugar version. It is very close in cals to the sugar free kind. This is just if you wanted to stick with Citrucel.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5921 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 886

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review