All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
a new great food discovery for me
      #296916 - 01/16/07 09:11 PM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

i have just discovered sunflower seed butter, sooo yummy and the same price as PB, as almond butter gets very expensive.
And it has a hearty taste like PB does, whereas the almond butter is such a light taste. Give it a whirl if you like.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: a new great food discovery for me new
      #296923 - 01/16/07 10:39 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

That sounds good! I've been wondering what it tastes like. I love almond butter, but it does get expensive. I'll have to pick up some sunflower seed butter next time I go shopping. Thanks for sharing this, Miso!

#297066 - 01/17/07 06:28 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I was looking at sunbutter today. It said it had 18 grams of fat and that is so high. I have to stick with reduced fat skippy.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#349323 - 08/22/09 09:33 PM
Penney

Reged: 08/21/09

I also have sunbutter (I tested as mildly allergic to peanuts and I have allergic reactions to soy- which is a legume and peanuts are a legume- so I avoid peanut butter). I am wondering if I should just cut out sunbutter and similar products altogether (I also have "No Nuts Peabutter" which is an imitation peanut butter made from golden peas-- its fat content is 160 grams for 2 tablespoons)

Are these kinds of products too high in fat? What about portion- does that make a difference? Say you had a teaspoon on bread rather than 2 tablespoons? I'm kind of confused about how the percentage of fat matters more than the grams of fat. Does that mean that it doesn't matter what portion of the fatty food you eat-- small is just as bad as large if it has a high percentage of fat?

Thanks so much!

--------------------
IBS-C, GERD, Lactose Intolerant, "Allergic" to Legumes (Soy!), Tree Nuts.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1780 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1400

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review