All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I just got my Acacia! And a baking with Acacia question for the experienced.
      #295520 - 01/07/07 01:32 PM
AmandaM

Reged: 10/05/05

I was surprised how quickly it arrived! Kudos Heather!

I am so excited to start taking it! I am going to start at 1/4tsp a day and see how it goes for a while.

I do have a question about using it in baking: If I start out at a low dose such as 1/4tsp, if I want to add it to bread or something, do I still only add 1/4tsp or can I use a higher amount?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I just got my Acacia! And a baking with Acacia question for the experienced. new
      #295527 - 01/07/07 01:44 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - the general guidelines I use for baking are a maximum 1 T per cup of flour in the recipe. For baked goods you don't want to have a moist, fudgy texture, I'd use a max of 1/2 T per cup of flour.

I'd calculate how many servings per recipe, and how much acacia would be in each serving. If it would be more than your 1/4 tsp. starting dose, use a smaller amount. As you gradually increase your daily dose you can likewise increase the baking amount.

Some folks have gone up to 2 T per cup of flour in some baking recipes - they've had good results. I haven't played around too much with higher doses - if you go too high, it will start affecting the final result's texture.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3531 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 309

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review