All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Question for Heather about pms herb
      #29449 - 11/30/03 06:01 PM
till

Reged: 02/11/03

Hi
I was wondering if you know if the herb juniper berry is safe to take. It helps to eliminate menstrual cramps and bloating. I read in a magazine taking 1 tsp. of it ground daily can help. I have really severe periods so I was wondering if it's safe to take. I don't know if it's safe to take with drugs. I take Dicetel. I also take Apo-Ibuprofen for my periods.
Thanks.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Question for Heather about pms herb new
      #29478 - 12/01/03 08:22 AM
sherr1

Reged: 10/07/03
Loc: Southern, Calif

Angel, not sure about juniper herb and IBS, but raspberry leaf tea can also be used for mentrual cramps and so can chamomile tea. When trying herbs always ask your doc about the meds your take and their interaction with herbs. The peppermint caps Heather has on the shop for ibs, are also great for the menstrual cramps adn te relief of ibs.

#29578 - 12/01/03 12:42 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - I've used juniper berries in cooking but haven't heard they can help cramps. I honestly don't know if they'd have side effects when taken in a daily high dosage, or with your prescription meds. Best bet is to do a Google search and see what you find, and call your pharmacist to see if she might know something here.

Sorry not more helpful.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#29601 - 12/01/03 02:36 PM
till

I have extremely severe cramps so peppermint doesn't help. Tea hardly helps my IBS. I have peppermint tea, Altoids which is the same as peppermint capsules. I doubt if raspberry leaf tea is sold here also I don't really know if it's safe. I don't know if I'm allergic to chamomile tea so I can't have that. I can't ask my doc since he's a cruel and poor excuse for a human being. I can't get a another doc sadly since he's the only one close by and I have severe IBS so I can't travel I can hardly walk. I almost black out so often from the pain.
Thanks.

#29602 - 12/01/03 02:37 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Are we not able to take Midol...I have taken it before and had no trouble with it! It's works great too!

That and a heating pad and I feel tip top within no time!

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#29604 - 12/01/03 02:47 PM
till

I have severe IBS and severe periods so I'm in agony and in so much pain I'd rather die. Even when I don't have my period my IBS is so severe no matter what I do I'd rather die. I don't think anyone has it as severe as I do. I take a prescription drug that is way stronger than midol. I have severe cramps. Heating pads are garbage. I used to used them and now I have severe scars that will not go away and I didn't even use it constantly. I also was using a heating pad before and it burst into flames I almost caught on fire. I would take Midol if my cramps were mild since that's what it's for but mine is anything but mild. I can't even move.

#29614 - 12/01/03 03:22 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Angel I remeber you posting awhile back asking about birth control pills. Did you decide to take birth control pills? The pills should help with your peroid.

#29623 - 12/01/03 05:58 PM
till

Acually like a total idiot I got the depo shot. I got it in Sept and it's in me til Dec.15!!! I can't wait til Dec.16
It made my period worse and longer. The cramps I got in oct was so extremely painful it was hell. It felt like someone took a chainsaw and put it through my stomach. Last month and this month was severe but now as severe as the oct cramps.My IBS symtoms are 10 times worse from that garbage. I almost black out everyday. Also I get severe migraines so that's also why I'm not suppose to take bc it can bring them on and make them worse!! Add it's extremely risky taking bc since the side effects are horrible. I still can't believe I took it. Everyday is hell. I so wasn't thinking. Now I'm paying for my stupid mistake. Never again will I take bc. I'd rather be dead.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3206 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1331

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review