All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Re: Doctors Recommendation... new
      #288732 - 11/01/06 05:18 PM
Lumiere

Reged: 06/30/06
Loc: New England

Hi Lisa Marie, I take Multi-Enzymes from GNC.They are about $17. I take the multi because I don't necessarily know exactly what I have more difficulty digesting and I think I need all the help I can get! Fat, some veggies are harder for me and occasionally dairy...so that's a bit of an explanation.
I noticed that you also volunteer at a cat sanctuary--so do I! We have taken in 400 cats in the last year and have adopted out 329. It's great to know you are making a difference. Take care!

--------------------
Amy
IBS-A
Stable and thankful!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#288811 - 11/02/06 12:43 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Hi Lumiere! Yes, I have quite a large soft spot for kitties. Luckily DH doesn't complain! There are five in my house right now - three of which are ours. The volunteer work definitely makes me feel GOOD!!

I recently bought Renew Life brand digestive enzymes but they were quite pricey; ~$50 for 90 pills. However, that's really not SOOO bad since 1 per meal (lunch and dinner) seems to work really well, whereas I had to take 4 Beanos with each meal! Did you try Beano before? If so, do the digestive enzymes work better? Just trying to find the "best" enzyme I can without spending a fortune!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#288861 - 11/02/06 06:48 PM
Lumiere

Reged: 06/30/06
Loc: New England

No, I myself didn't have much success with Beano. I had to take alot too! I buy the GNC multi enzymes (120 caps) and they're $17.99. I thought that was enough $ because I go through about 2 bottles a month. My husband also takes them before a high fat meal (he has an iron stomach.) They seem to be working great. The probiotics are more, but I order from vitacost.com and the deals are significant...even with shipping.
I am happy that you are enjoying the volunteering...it's good for the soul, isn't it?

--------------------
Amy
IBS-A
Stable and thankful!

Digestion Essentials new
      #288909 - 11/03/06 10:29 AM

Unregistered

i take digestion essentials, its made by the same guy who makes natural calm. Has anyone tried this one?! Could you please tell me your experiences with it? Also, could you look at its ingredients and compare it to other brands? Anyone know what brand heather takes for a digestion thing, probiotic, fiber, and all that?

#289091 - 11/05/06 08:43 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Ah, yes, VERY good for the soul.

Perhaps I will give the GNC brand a try next time. Thanks for the recommendation!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

bump-n.t. new
      #289251 - 11/07/06 01:57 PM

Unregistered

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2209 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9397

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review