All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Morning problems HELP
      #287083 - 10/19/06 11:30 AM
Sufie

Reged: 10/14/06

Hi all,

The worse time of day for me is first thing in the morning. Does anyone know how to help with that? Is there something I should be doing the night before to keep me from having such a bad time in the morning? Thank you!!! You are all great!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Morning problems HELP new
      #287086 - 10/19/06 11:51 AM
ECM

Reged: 08/23/06
Loc: Jasper, GA

I am halfway through the Hypnotherapy tapes and have realized that I no longer wake up thinking about my IBS, and pain does not start until afternoon. Before I started Heather's diet and the tapes, I was hurting all the time. I highly recommend the tapes if you haven't tried them.

Snookie, IBS-C

--------------------
Snookie, IBS-C

#287088 - 10/19/06 11:59 AM
kenjari

Reged: 10/18/06
Loc: Boston

I'm new here, so I don't consider myself an expert, but...
Do you take a SFS? I find it helpful to take a dose before bed and then again when I first get up. Also, do you eat breakfast? I never really ate breakfast my whole adult life until I read here that letting your stomach get too empty can aggravate IBS. Now I have a really safe breakfast and some peppermint or fennel tea every day after I arrive at work, and my mornings have been a lot nicer.

--------------------
-Carol
IBS-A

#287089 - 10/19/06 12:00 PM
Sufie

Hi! Thanks for the response. What is is about the hypnotherapy that helps you? Have you tried to find out how much it will cost you to go to a hypnotherapist for this treatment? Do you think my problems start in the morning b/c I am inundated with worries and thoughts about IBS?

#287090 - 10/19/06 12:03 PM
Sufie

Hi Kenjari,

Thank you for your help. Yes, I eat breakfast but I just started the SFS, so my tolerance is still at 1/2 teaspoon twice a day. Do you think that once I start increasing my dose that I will do better in the morning? Should I eat a later dinner--maybe around 8:30 or so, so that I am not very, very hungry in the morning? I find that I am VERY hungry and gasy in the morning...thanks again

#287094 - 10/19/06 12:08 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

I wouldn't suggest eating a late dinner. You want your body to have enough time to digest a full meal. But you could eat a safe snack closer to bedtime....in order to curb your hunger and also maybe mix in the Acacia. If you are IBS-D, you could take a preventative Immodium the night before if it's that bad. I do that when I have an important place to go. And yes, I was so fearful of eating in the AM too, but if I have to go out, I try to take the Acacia and eat something like a banana just to get something in my stomach. Stress is likely exacerbating your symptoms. I absolutely HATE the mornings too b/c I never know what the day will bring physically...so you're not alone.

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

#287098 - 10/19/06 12:12 PM
kenjari

Reged: 10/18/06
Loc: Boston

Try having a snack around 8:30 or so rather than moving your dinner time. I really like having a cup of tea and a slice of bread every evening around that time so I don't go to bed feeling hungry. You'll probably improve once you increase your SFS, too. Hope you start feeling better soon.

--------------------
-Carol
IBS-A

#287100 - 10/19/06 12:17 PM
Sufie

Thank you so much for your support. I feel so alone sometimes and everyday is tough though I know there are folks out there with IBS worse than me. It's just that I am still going through all the final test to make sure it's IBS. Sometimes I feel devestated and other times I feel empowered b/c I found this website and I am working very hard on changing my life. I will let you know how things are going and I will take your advice. Thank you Kenjari!

#287101 - 10/19/06 12:21 PM
Sufie

Yeah! Stress is a killer... besides I am so unstable emotionally since my diagnoses is so new and I went through so much H___L trying to get to the bottom of it. I am still not sure if my IBS is D, C, or A--. I think it might be D b/c that is usually the problem but my meds give me C. I still have more test to go through until my diagnosis is solid but I will keep you all up on things. I love the support of this website! Thank you all.

#287104 - 10/19/06 12:30 PM
Sufie

By the way--does the Immodium make you constipated?

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 610 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3576

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review