All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Re: Morning problems HELP new
      #287108 - 10/19/06 12:38 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

It depends on how much I take. If I'm really nervous about going somewhere, I take 2 before bed and then two the next morning and yes, then I won't go for a few days. But I'm so panicked sometimes, that I do that anyway, then it throws me into IBS-A. I've read that other people just take one or even 1/2 one as preventative. If it is just for daily maintainance and you're not too stressed, I would try to keep your dose low enough so you have a bm every day. Since I started the Acacia, I have been taking Immodium less often, but I'm still cautious, as I have only been on this site for about a month. See how your body reacts and then take it from there but remember it's also so hard to tell with IBS b/c there are so many factors.

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#287113 - 10/19/06 12:52 PM
ECM

Reged: 08/23/06
Loc: Jasper, GA

The hypnotherapy tapes totally relax me. I did not even realize that I was not longer hurting in the morning until I read your post. I don't even think about the IBS & pain until afternoon when I get my first twinge of pain. But I truely believe that it is a combination of the diet, acacia powder, teas, and the tapes that have helped me.The tapes were less than $100.00. The one therapist in my area that works with the hypnotherpy was "way above" that for all her sessions.
Hang in there, you will get better. Just listen to all the advice on this board. Everyone is wonderfully supportive.

Snookie, IBS-C

--------------------
Snookie, IBS-C

#287115 - 10/19/06 12:55 PM
Sufie

Reged: 10/14/06

Okay, I will look into the tapes. I am sure the therapy was crazy expensive. Thanks for all of you feedback and yes, I agree everyone is wonderful and supportive! I am NOT ALONE!

#287117 - 10/19/06 01:03 PM
Sufie

Reged: 10/14/06

My body usually is very upset in the morning, then I take some benefiber (I will start the acacia soon) with some tea and eat a safe food like french bread, oatmeal, or cream of rice. Nevertheless, this is usually after my rude awakening (around 5:30am-- luckily I have to get up at 6 for work). I usually stabilize after eating. I am afraid to take an Immodium. As the day goes I don't go to the bathroom sometimes all day until the night. Sometimes I go...no rhyme or reason. My bowels are going through bootcamp retraining right now, so this is a critical time for me (I have been on the IBS diet for only one week and I already have positive results)., So, you are right--things will get better. I am thinking about counseling--any thoughts?

counseling new
      #287148 - 10/19/06 06:03 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

I haven't tried the hypno tapes but apparently many people have been helped by them. I would go that route instead at least giving it a try first. In my opinion, unless a counselor has IBS or another digestive problem, he/she couldn't truly understand how your feeling (in the way that the people on this website do). And besides, I don't know about you, but I would be stressed out about needing to use the bathroom right in the middle of my counseling sessions so I wouldn't even be relaxed to take in the info.!!

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

Re: counseling new
      #287179 - 10/19/06 09:51 PM
Julie E

Reged: 06/12/06

I have just recently started counseling, and I'm glad I did. My counselor doesn't have IBS or anything like that, but he is very understanding about the problems I'm having and the anxiety it brings on. That's what the counseling is for... dealing with the fears and anxieties you may be facing as a result of the IBS. I have been following Heather's diet pretty religiously for a little over 8 months now, so I don't have big D episodes much anymore. When I do, it is almost ALWAYS triggered by stress and anxiety. That's why I decided to go to counseling... to get rid of that last trigger. If stress and anxiety are big issues for you, I'd highly recommend a good counselor.

About the morning problems... I have to have a safe snack before I go to bed at night or else I feel very yucky in the morning. Also, I eat oatmeal and drink water every morning for breakfast. Nothing else. This sits very well on my empty tummy and allows my body to wake up gently instead of throwing on tons of food.

After eating this way for the past 8 months, my bowels have stabilized so much. Instead of the unpredictable BMs and D all the time, I now have a regular BM within an hour of waking up each morning. As long as I follow the diet, don't allow myself to get overly hungry or overly full, and don't let myself get carried away with anxious thoughts my tummy is great. Don't give up! It will get better the longer you follow Heather's diet advice!

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2733 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3608

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review