All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
what do you do when you feel this way?
      #286573 - 10/15/06 05:49 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

I had a very stable day but then tonight we went to an italian restaurant and I think I added to many risky things in (ie., salad, asparagus, etc.)...along with SF of course but I'm not going to make myself nuts over the trigger...I was just wondering if anyone ever feels like I do tonight. I got immediate gas cramps before leaving the restaurant and for about an hour after I got home. Took some gas-x and the pains are gone but no bm/d, anything. However, I definitely feel like I have to "go" and I wish I would b/c I know that tomorrow morning will probably not be pretty. In a case like this though when there's no turning back time, what do you do to prevent tomorrow from becoming a full flareup? (I have felt this way in the past, pre-Heather, where I couldn't go in the evening but felt like I had to and then had a rough morning). I don't want to take Immodium b/c I really feel like I want to get it out of my sytem. Just wondering if anyone had suggestions. Obviously I overdid it tonight, but even as I add more IF foods as I increase the Acacia, this might happen again and I'd like to know how you all deal with it. Thanks.

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: what do you do when you feel this way? new
      #286601 - 10/16/06 04:45 AM
kalosis

Reged: 08/20/06

For myself I just try to go back to my norma way of eating even through the pain and stuff. I feel it helps it get back to a routine. I just realise the day after even is going to be like a sick day

#286618 - 10/16/06 07:59 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I'd take some Donnatol or have some peppermint tea. Those are anti-spasmodics so they shouldn't keep you from going the way Imodium might but they should keep you from spasming so badly. Then I'd make tomorrow morning super safe all Soluble Fiber.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#286704 - 10/16/06 06:08 PM
line415

Thanks for your responses. Okay, so apparently I never needed to "wait" until this morning to relieve myself. About 2 1/2 hours after coming home from the restaurant, I had severe gas pains and was on the toilet with severe d for so long! This is the worst attack I've had in a month of starting Heather's diet and the Acacia and it has really dropped my confidence level, but I have to try to keep relating it to what I ate. It could have been anything...the veggies (I had a salad too)...maybe too much oil on the pasta? Also, I think I might have eaten too much. I'm not going to stress so much about the trigger...I just have to get back in the routine like you suggested and never go to that restaurant again! I actually felt a bit nauseous too and had the chills...does anyone else feel this way when they have bad attacks? I always seem to get feverish. My husband was a lifesaver this morning and drove my son to school, then watched my daughter while I slept for like 3 hours. Maybe it was even a trace of food poisoning or I was just run down. Who knows. I actually ate oatmeal this morning and was fine, but I took 2 Immodium this afternoon b/c I was anxious about going out (had a bunch of stuff to do with the kids). Is Donnatol an over the counter anti-spasmatic? I'll have to do a search on it. Thanks

--------------------

#286734 - 10/17/06 01:56 AM
kalosis

Reged: 08/20/06

I am c but I do at a point feel like a flu bug I ache when I get real bad. I still suggest the docter. I come to these board because I can relate to all of you and it helps to feel less alone. I think the diet she promotes for myself doesn't work. If it does for some that is great but just like how certain diets work for some and not for others. My nutrtitionist reaaly says hoe important it is to get back on track with food even if you have a slip so your body can stable and it needs proper nutrition so it can heal if that makes sense.

#286745 - 10/17/06 06:38 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Donnatol is a prescription anti-spasmodic. It also contains a mild sedative. I find it fairly effective in combination with the EFI Diet, but I do not drive while I'm taking it. There are a lot of anti-spasmodics out there and one may work better for you than another.

I do not think your attack after the Italian restaurant should undermine your confidence. Given your fever and chills it's possible you had a touch of food poisoning - it seems to me that it takes less food "badness" for it to bother me than it does for a "normal" person like my husband. Even if it wasn't food poisoning, what you ate would be tough on your tummy. It took me 6 months on the EFI Diet before I even attempted a salad - raw salads are really tough on the gut. And unless you got a marinara sauce on your pasta you probably got dairy or meat in it. Plus you just don't know if there was egg in the pasta. Or how much oil there was.

I hope you're feeling better. Take care.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Thanks...I'm feeling better -nt new
      #286853 - 10/17/06 08:44 PM
line415

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 432 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1588

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review