All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Still trying
      #286426 - 10/14/06 08:36 AM
beezhighness4

Reged: 10/07/06
Loc: Lynchburg, VA

I posted last weekend about my ongoing problem with constipation, gas, and bloating. Several people recommended several things and now I have a couple of questions. I stopped drinking Silk for 6 days now and have seen no improvement so should I stay off longer? I also purchased some Triphala and have been on that for 6 days, also no improvement. Purchased Jarro-Dophilus, which was recommended, and have just started that today. Read a lot of posts about natural calm and now wonder if I should try that too? I'm already taking a mag supplement (3 cap/day400mg) is that the same thing or is natural calm different? Also, should I stop the triphala while taking the acidophilus and does anybody think I should try the natural calm? Sorry this is long but am really trying! Thanks for your patience.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Still trying new
      #286428 - 10/14/06 08:39 AM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

If you stopped drinking Silk milk because of problems with gas (associated with all soy products, soy is a bean) then I suggest Beano. I take one or two Beano's with my glass of Silk milk. I rely on this soy milk to get a lot of nutrients. There also is Rice and Almond milks that won't cause gas.

As for the rest, sorry I'm not familiar with them, but I'm sure other people will post about it.

--------------------
Kat

#286457 - 10/14/06 10:32 AM
beezhighness4

Thanks k2 for your reply. Yes I use Beano as well as gas-x and they do help but I'd like to not have to use them as much!

#286496 - 10/14/06 04:11 PM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

the problem is that you are trying too many things at once, you should be picking the probiotic and one other thing, take the probiotic as directed on the bottle and the triphala or natural calm as a start low and gradually increase/ natural calm tends to work quicker than triphala and especially with the probiotic, things take time, like at least a month to see real differences. The natural calm you should see differences in a matter of days as you increase the dosage. Just take it slow, too many things at once and you will never know what is working and what is not.

#286515 - 10/15/06 02:06 AM
beezhighness4

Thanks Miso,
I was thinking the same thing! I really appreciate everyone's help and support. Hope you all have a blessed day!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 782 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1084

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review