All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
citric acid
      #28616 - 11/24/03 01:28 AM
katgirl

Reged: 10/31/03

Have had a bit of a heavy weekend....suffering serioud alcogol poisoning after a bit too much vodka! but the only good thing was that yesterday my stomach reduced in size considerably and was almost back to normal size (prob due to the fact i chucked up a zillion times and didnt eat anything yesterday!) however, have just had breakfast and my stomach has expanded loads again....all i had was rice krispies and papaya chunks....the only thing i can think is that the papaya chunks contained citric acid....is this a trigger for IBS sufferers?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: citric acid new
      #28638 - 11/24/03 08:21 AM
sherr1

Reged: 10/07/03
Loc: Southern, Calif

Well, don't know adout that Vodka?? But I lay off that stuff, becuase that can definetly be a trigger and now that you ate after the episode it could be enhancing the bloating. Drink some fennel tea strong brewed and see if it helps. Caraway tea can also help with gas and bloating. I can't do Papaya in fruit form. Alot of fruit contain natural citric acid lemons, oranges, limes etc. Hope you get some relief. I hope you can get your bloating under control.

Re: Something to help your tummy :) new
      #28666 - 11/24/03 11:36 AM
bauie25

Reged: 11/23/03
Loc: Iowa

I am not sure about papaya and citric acid... I bought some papaya yesterday and plan on trying it out tonight. BUT, as for your tummy... whenever my tummy gets big or hurts really bad, I use Essential Oils (brand) peppermint (barely even one drop) in about 10-12 oz of warm/hot water and drink it like tea-- it REALLY helps! My mom made me try it one day and it works wonders! The peppermint will last you forever, as it's strength is incredible. If you need info. on how and where to get this or how much it is, just let me know! Good luck

--------------------
"If the sun isn't shining on your path... maybe you're not on the right one" --Me

Re: Something to help your tummy :) new
      #28682 - 11/24/03 12:31 PM
katgirl

Reged: 10/31/03

believe me....never touching the vodka EVER again!
can you get the peppermint oil in any pharmacy like boots?? think ive seen it before...?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 768 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 597

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review