All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
oregano
      #285707 - 10/08/06 09:21 PM

Unregistered

i'm going to buy some oregano capsules, can someone take a look at this specific bottle and tell me if its a good one. It says its the most potent on the market. http://www.amazon.com/Source-Naturals-Oil-Oregano-capsules/dp/B00014FSJS/sr=8-27/qid=1160367351/ref=sr_1_27/002-7246019-0647237?ie=UTF8&s=hpc

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: oregano new
      #285769 - 10/09/06 09:11 AM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Careful when taking this. Oil of Oregano also helps to clean up any candidas you have in your system. When it starts to exit your body, you might feel very bad for a few days before you feel better.

Re: what kind of feeling bad, when to take new
      #285780 - 10/09/06 10:26 AM

Unregistered

I'm not really sure what candida is. what kind of feeling bad? Maybe i shouldn't take it if i'm gonna feel bad.
Maybe you can help me out with this schedule. I go to school Monday-Friday 8:45-3 or 4(depending when i have a ride or its not cold to walk at 3)I work Friday-Sunday usually start at 5pm-1am or 2am(fri-sat) Sun- Usually 5pm-10pm

And the purpose of taking oregano capsules is ... ? - nt - new
      #285787 - 10/09/06 11:02 AM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Re: And explore treatments on this website new
      #285805 - 10/09/06 01:14 PM

Unregistered

If you were on this site with IBS you would want to know about treating it, well on this site there is a link with herbal treatments.

Re: what kind of feeling bad, when to take new
      #285810 - 10/09/06 02:46 PM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

by feeling bad we mean flu like symptoms, its the die off of the yeast that makes you feel yucky as all the toxins are released and make there way out of your body, if you do indeed have a candida overgrowth, which many people do.

Re: did you look at the link new
      #285842 - 10/09/06 07:22 PM

Unregistered

I was wondering if that bottle is a good one because it only says its good for the immune system. doesn't mention digestion. it also says Wildcrafted Oregano Oil: 45mg, and Source Naturals® Oil of Oregano is the most potent on the market and is standardized to 70% carvacrol.* Each capsule contains 45 mg of Wildcrafted Oregano Oil, yielding approximately 30 mg of cavacrol.

HUH? new
      #285869 - 10/10/06 07:21 AM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

Oregano is not a treatment for IBS - I'm confused why you are thinking about taking it? What benefit do you think it will have for you?

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

Re: And explore treatments on this website new
      #285873 - 10/10/06 07:29 AM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

There are herbal treatments for IBS as Heather has on this site. However the oil of oregano product doesn't have any information about how it may affect the digestive system. It specifically says on the site "This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease" and also "may provide support to the immune system". This does not look like a product for IBS or any digestive problems.

It's ok to try new products to see if they help you, we are all different. But we're trying to give you the best advice that we know, and we're advising against using this product for treating IBS.

Hope this helps,

--------------------
Kat

Re: HUH? new
      #285877 - 10/10/06 08:04 AM
kim123

Reged: 07/18/06
Loc: Florida

I can't speak for those with IBS, but for those like myself, with digestive/bowel problems, antifungals such as oregano may help. It kills the yeast which may be contributing to bowel problems. Has worked very well ...for "me". I use olive leaf extract and has been very beneficial.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5156 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6807

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review