All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
atkins diet/IBS new
      #285936 - 10/10/06 03:30 PM
jeanikini

Reged: 10/10/06

I have used the Atkin's diet and had amazing results with it.. I felt better, felt less lethargic. I lost weight with it... the trick is to eat the good carbs, such as leafy green vegetables, chicken, fish, etc. I eat sweets maybe once or twice a week and i notice that it is the chocolate or caffeine that makes my IBS flare up but the diet does not flare up my IBS. Regarless the Atkins diet has worked amazingly for me and my physician approved it for me. I am not much into dairy products at all except maybe for yogurt. I don't like margarine.. it tastes like wax. I eat no pasta, potatoes, or anything white. As long as I use fennel i am fine. It's amazing the difference fennel makes. I however cannot eat corn, popcorn. they are the worse for me for a flare-up and no chinese food either.. I eat cheese, which doesn't bother me. I can eat asparagus, green beans with no problems. So the combination of the Atkins diet and watching what I eat and fennel has done wonders for me. Actually, my cholesterol went down and my good HDL cholesterol went up on the Atkin's diet. It is the only diet that has worked for me and of course lots of exercise and walking is also great. Just my opinion. I am not much of a beef eater either. i have had to give up soda with caffeine and am now working on cutting out the coffee because i believe the oil in the coffee beans causes a flare up also. [color:red] [/color]

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: atkins diet/IBS new
      #285976 - 10/10/06 06:57 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

How does this relate to the oregano?

anyone know where new
      #286036 - 10/11/06 10:22 AM

Unregistered

anyone know where i can find some oregano capsules with enteric coating? can i have some links? Oh, is there any like heather's fennel capsules where there is more coating on them? I don't know if i should take the one in the link i gave. But I bought them

Re: anyone know where new
      #286114 - 10/11/06 09:03 PM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

Heather's peppermint capsules are great, I'll never say that enough

I found fennel capsules at my local health food store. I would first try your health food store, and see what they have. Ask someone working there for enteric coated fennel or oregano capsules and they may be able to help you in that store, or help you in finding some online.

If you bought the oregano capsules, you may as well try one. Take it as directed (probably on an empty stomach before a meal, with not too much liquids). Worst thing that will happen is you'll get heartburn or some discomfort which should go away within a few hours or at most a day.

--------------------
Kat

there is no local health food store new
      #286157 - 10/12/06 10:27 AM

Unregistered

In this limited town, there is no HFS. Not even 2 hours away, but 3 or a little more. All I can do is order online, unfortunatly.

Re: drug store? new
      #286162 - 10/12/06 10:44 AM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

Drug stores sometimes carry these types of things too. Check in the vitamin aisle. The only ones I've bought online are Heather's peppermint caps, through Amazon.com.

I found a few online here:
http://www.herbalremedies.com/oroil1890sf.html
http://www.nutrasanus.com/oregano-oil-product.html

Both have the same content, including ginger and fennel oil (just like Heather's peppermint have also ginger and fennel). And both are enteric coated.

--------------------
Kat

Edited by K2 (10/12/06 10:48 AM)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 6337 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6820

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review