All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: HUH? new
      #285878 - 10/10/06 08:08 AM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

If the problem is a yeast problem, then you probably do not have IBS. Curing the yeast issue should make your problems disappear. Unless you have a yeast problem AND IBS. Has a doctor diagnosed you?

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: HUH? new
      #285899 - 10/10/06 10:30 AM

Unregistered

yes, a doctor diagnosed me with ibs. How could it only be a yeast problem if i get spasms, attacks, and such. Can a person with soley a yeast problem be like having IBS-C?

did you read the post above you and new
      #285901 - 10/10/06 10:35 AM

Unregistered

oregano is a herbal supplement for ibs that can be beneficial. and I beleive the capsules are fine, because under oregano in herbal supplements at the bottom, this is stated "Enteric coated oregano oil capsules are also available - the enteric coating ensures that the capsules dissolve in the intestines instead of the stomach, which could cause heartburn."

Maybe I am just having a rough day.... new
      #285902 - 10/10/06 10:43 AM
MCV

...but I am having a hard time deciphering your posts...I have never heard of oregano capsules being beneficial for IBS. I may be wrong, but with some of the feedback you have been given in this post, I would stay clear of it. I don't understand what you think oregano will do for you, especially since it is being marketed for immune support - not digestive issues.

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

I was replying to Kim123 ... new
      #285903 - 10/10/06 10:44 AM
MCV

I just wanted to make the point that you need many tests to rule out anything else before a diagnosis of IBS can be made. If her symptoms are better with treatment for yeast issues, then she may not actually have IBS.

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

Re: a missing link to clear things up new
      #285905 - 10/10/06 10:48 AM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

http://www.helpforibs.com/supplements/oregano.asp

Heather does give Oregano as an herbal supplement to treat IBS (sorry I said otherwise before!). I don't think the people replying to this thread, including me, knew that oregano was something Heather recommended.

However, the product on the Amazon page that you had provided a link for does not say it is enteric coated. Not all capsules are enteric coated, and it may dissolve too quickly, causing you pain.

Have you tried Heather's Peppermint Capsules? I found them more effective than some other supplements I've tried (fennel, ginger etc..).

--------------------
Kat

Now I understand better! new
      #285906 - 10/10/06 10:52 AM
MCV

Thanks, K2.

I didn't realize that Heather recommends oregano either. My apologies for any misconception. I must have fennel, peppermint and ginger drilled into my head

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

Re: Good ol Oregano! Yup I get it now too. new
      #285907 - 10/10/06 11:05 AM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

I had no idea either! I went and automatically did a search on google for oregano oil and obviously came up with nothing. A simple search on this site would have been more practical. Just for fun here's the list Heather has of herbs: peppermint, fennel, ginger, chamomile, caraway, anise, oregano.
Any idea if this is given in any specific order? Such as order of effectiveness?

Now that I know oregano is good, maybe I'll put a bit extra in my spaghetti sauces

I still have to say I've had the most success with the Peppermint Caps. I tried fennel caps, and ginger tablets, but they don't seems to help for all symptoms. Ginger is good for nausea though, and fennel for gas/bloating.

Maybe if anyone has tried oregano capsules they could comment here.

--------------------
Kat

Re: I was replying to Kim123 ... new
      #285925 - 10/10/06 01:27 PM
kim123

Reged: 07/18/06
Loc: Florida

Hi again,
Actually, I was just answering someone's question about why one "would" take oregano. I didn't mean to infer I had IBS. Sorry. No, I have, actually "had" IBD... UC. However, I did come across readings in my travels that symptoms of IBS may be improved with antifungals as well. Not having "IBS", can't speak from personal experience. Anyone out there ever try something like that?

K2 ... Thank you for the link ... - nt - new
      #285935 - 10/10/06 02:54 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 6944 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6821

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review