All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
ibs diet? Am I eating the right things?
      #28366 - 11/22/03 05:39 AM
Tim D

Reged: 11/13/03
Loc: Orlando, Florida USA

I am ibs-c. I found a wonder bread that has 5g of fiber. It's the Italian bread. I don't know if that's good. I also have been having chicken sandwich with fat free mayonaise with the bread for lunch. For dinner I either have ground chicken with a potato and some squash or something and I mush it up with my fork. I don't have all the time to be able follow Heather's diet completely as it's too expensive to buy all that stuff.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: ibs diet? Am I eating the right things? new
      #28393 - 11/22/03 10:34 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

The chicken sandwich sounds fine. Supper sounds fine. It's not hard to follow this diet on a budget. There are lots of students out there who manage - ask Tess Louise - she's great with ideas. Cooked veggies and fruits are good, as well as rice (which if you buy a big bag at an oriental grocer is SO inexpensive). Some of the soy alternatives are more expensive, but many are becoming more and more reasonable - like soy milk. Check out the recipe board - there's tons of safe recipes that you can use that have normal everyday ingredients. It's always cheaper to make your own anyway.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#28403 - 11/22/03 12:18 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Hi Tim. As for the bread with 5g of fiber, is it soluble or insoluble? It should tell you that on the bag. If there's too much insoluble fiber, you might want to be careful. You need some, but products that are high in insoluble fiber are a big trigger for some people. Then again, others seem to be able to handle it well. But it's something to watch out for!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#28404 - 11/22/03 12:23 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

If it doesn't specify if it's soluble or insoluble (a lot of times I try to check this for a lot of products, and it just says 'Dietary Fiber' with no breakdowns), I would bet it is soluble, because it's Italian bread. Italian is a good white soluble fiber base for meals.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 790 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 506

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review