All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
A morning from hell!!!
      #28281 - 11/21/03 12:16 PM
maryh

Reged: 10/02/03
Loc: IL

I jusr need some moral support. I have been sticking to the IBS diet, with an exception of one pop last week, some hambuger last sunday, and two sips of coffee. Today I had the worst IBS attack of my life!! I went to work and got sick there and had to be driven home due to the extreme bowel spasms!!! It all worked it's way out and I had to take Librax three times to get it under control.Thank God for hot pads!!! I know alot of you have this on a daily basis-How do you cope! I feel as weak as a kitten, but am getting some pretzels, chamomile tea and water down slowly. I'm frustrated because I didn't need the librax for 3 days!! Could I have gone off of it too quickly???? Yesterday I stuck to the diet perfectly!!!!! Any thoughts out there???? Maryh

--------------------
Whatever doesn't kill me will make me stronger!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: A morning from hell!!! new
      #28289 - 11/21/03 12:46 PM
Shanna

Reged: 11/15/03
Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA

Are you under a lot of stress? Have you had any changes in your schedule? I empathize w/ you, babe.

--------------------
"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." -- e e cummings

#28292 - 11/21/03 01:03 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Soemtimes it just happens, Mary. I know it's happened to me several times. There will be some little tiny detail in a food product that I ate that just didn't agree with me. Or I'll eat something one time and it won't agree with me another time.

I think a lot of it has to do with stress. Sometimes my body will be under stress and I won't even realize it because it's not a typical stress. Hopefully this makes sense.

Big hugs for you! I hope you start feeling better.

--------------------
- Jennifer

#28303 - 11/21/03 02:09 PM
belinda

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I can't cheat on my diet -- not one iota! If I do, I will almost certainly get an IBS attack. For sure I would have gotten sick from the tiny amounts of trigger foods that you ate. In the past I found my attacks could be cumulative. So sometimes I might not have gotten sick after eating something once off the diet, but if I cheated for several days, even with small amounts of trigger foods, eventually I would get a terrible attack.

When you stay on the diet, what foods are you eating? For example, do you eat organic food or conventional food? I can no longer tolerate conventional food. Unfortunately I am very sensitive.

By the way, I still get sick sometimes even when I stick 100 per cent to the diet. However, I don't get the debilitating pain like I used to, just the D.

I never tried pretzels after a really bad painful attack (I wonder what's in them), but typically I drank a lot of hot (boiled) water and then I had to go on a plain home-made chicken soup diet for up to two weeks until my stomach recovered. Blah!

I hope you feel better very soon.

Belinda

Re: Belinda... new
      #28924 - 11/25/03 10:18 AM
maryh

I have found that pretzels are a good soluble fiber for me and they are fat free. It really helps me to drink chamomile tea and nibble on pretzels during a bad day!I will stick to the diet-because it may have been cumulative as you said! No experimenting with trigger foods this holiday!! Maryh

--------------------

#28926 - 11/25/03 10:21 AM
maryh

Thanks for all your encouragement-yes I have been stressed also-working on that! I appreciate your support and encouragement!! Maryh

--------------------

cheer up! new
      #28936 - 11/25/03 12:11 PM
evie

Reged: 11/22/03

Maryh,

You'll pull through. I hope you feel better soon! And good job - don't let work get you down! Be good to yourself.

*evie

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1931 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 786

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review