All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Not being totoally emptied
      #282518 - 09/16/06 07:49 AM
feelinggood

Reged: 09/11/06

Hello,

Does anyone deal with the totally not being emptied out feeling - like there is still some BM to happen even after some just occcurred? I hate that feeling - it also feels like trapped gas in there but I think it has to be BM as I do not pass very much gas. I feel it right in the depth of my bowel wanting to empty out when the C starts - I hate this feeling!! Debbie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Not being totoally emptied new
      #282520 - 09/16/06 08:21 AM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

Yes...I just posted the same question under "incomplete evacuation but nobody has responded...it's a terrible feeling...I agree. Hopefully someone can shed some light for us.

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

#282529 - 09/16/06 08:59 AM
Abigail

Reged: 03/12/05
Loc: Orlando,FL

I also get that incomplete evacuation feeling all the time, even after a BM. I been trying to find a way to help me go more complete and feel empty for once. I hate it !!! Pain and cramps are so much worst b/c of it. I already eat high in fiber, drinks LOTS of water, keep a daily bathroom routine, take magnesium supplement caps and I exercise for an hour daily. What else can I do?

I hope somebody can help us with some advice, info, suggestions PLEASE!!!Thank you.

Blessings,
Abi

--------------------
The joy of the Lord is my strength !

#282564 - 09/16/06 02:07 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Yup, I used to get that same feeling quite a bit. I feel like a commercial here, but Natural Calm has really helped me with this lately. It's a magnesium citrate supplement and works like a charm! I take a calcium/magnesium supplement in the afternoon, and then take 2.5 teaspoons of NC in the evening before bed. Every morning my BM is a little bit better than the morning before!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Re: To Lisa Maire......... Not being totoally emptied new
      #282568 - 09/16/06 02:16 PM
Abigail

Thank you Lisa, I might take some of that Calm tonight for the first time. How much should I start with? I already take magnesium citrate caps daily, about 500mg. Is the Calm better or different than the caps? Can I take the Calm and still take the caps daily? Sorry for so mane questions, THANK YOU MUCH!!!

Blessings,
Abi

--------------------

Re: To Lisa Maire......... Not being totoally emptied new
      #282570 - 09/16/06 02:22 PM
Lisa Marie

Since you already take a little magnesium during the day, I would start with 1 teaspoon. I started with 1/2 t. If you feel gassy the next day (which I did), increase your dose. You can increase this stuff more quickly than a SFS. It only took me a little over a week to work up to 2.5 teaspoons. You're basically supposed to increase until you just start to get D, then back off a little. 1 teaspoon contains ~200 mg of magnesium.

I think you will find that the calm helps a lot more than the caps, in which case you may want to stop using the caps. I just mix mine in a cup of hot water; it tastes like tea!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

Re: To Lisa Marie......... Not being totoally emptied new
      #282628 - 09/16/06 09:54 PM
Abigail

Thank you Lisa Marie,

I just took 1 tsp with a cup of hot water right before bed time. When am I supposed to start having better BM? Tomorrow? or Does it take a few days? I also took my magnesium caps during the day. I have a big church activity to go to tomorrow night(Sunday night), I hope I feel better by then.

Blessings,
Abi

--------------------

Re: To Lisa Marie......... Not being totoally emptied new
      #282805 - 09/18/06 08:51 AM
Lisa Marie

How did you feel the day after taking 1 tsp? I remember feeling a little gassy. If you don't have a "normal" BM the next day, increase it. And you can do that fairly quickly. Maybe try 1.5 or 2 tsp. It may take several days, so be patient! I know that's easier said than done. I went out to dinner over teh weekend, and even though I didn't eat anything unsafe, my system is all out of whack, so I'm battling some C myself. I'm up to 2.5 tsp each night. I hope it helps you!! Keep me posted!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

#282806 - 09/18/06 08:51 AM
shandy

Reged: 12/21/04
Loc: Alabama

I hate to say it, but I was "thrilled" to find this post. I thought I was the only one who suffers from incomplete evacuation. I've posted about it before and gotten no response, so I figured... ah well, I guess I'm unique!

It sucks. It ruins my day. Not only is my tummy feelng "full", but my back hurts, my mood is crummy and I have no motivation or creativity. I'm a writer, so this is a problem.

What I do to relieve it... first, (sorry if this is TMI), I dig it out. It's not just a "feeling" of incomplete evacuation, in my case, there truly IS stuff in there that won't come out no matter how hard I push. It used to gross me out to stick my finger in my bum, but now it's just a part of my daily routine. I have baby oil and hand soap right near the toilet and I'm pretty efficient about it. Instant relief.

However, there are other days where there's nuthin' in there, but I can tell it's hanging out just out of reach. Those days (probably 4-5 days a week ) I use a glycerin suppository (Colace) or water enema. Again, I've gotten pretty efficient and can usually get it done, even with other people around, as long as I have a little privacy.

This problem (and my solutions) make it hard for me to go on vacation with others and stay in a hotel. I need my privacy and sharing a bathroom under such close quarters is difficult. I finally told my boyfriend why I was so weird about camping, RV'ing or simply staying overnight with friends - he thought I was just terribly anti-social and no fun. Well, yeah, that's what IBS does for you.

Sometimes I wish I was just plain old IBS-D because then others would understand. If you tell someone that you have diarrhea, they aren't going to call you a party pooper (so to speak) when you decline to do certain activities. But just saying your "stomach hurts" doesn't carry quite the same level of sympathy...

Jennifer

--------------------
Jennifer
42 years old
Neither D nor C - just sluggish

#282808 - 09/18/06 09:06 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

A feeling of incomplete evacuation is considered one of the symptoms of IBS. I believe it's one of the Rome diagnostic criteria. Heather's books and the main part of this website (not the message boards) discuss it.

--AC

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4056 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7140

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review