All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Not being totoally emptied
      #282518 - 09/16/06 07:49 AM
feelinggood

Reged: 09/11/06

Hello,

Does anyone deal with the totally not being emptied out feeling - like there is still some BM to happen even after some just occcurred? I hate that feeling - it also feels like trapped gas in there but I think it has to be BM as I do not pass very much gas. I feel it right in the depth of my bowel wanting to empty out when the C starts - I hate this feeling!! Debbie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Not being totoally emptied new
      #282520 - 09/16/06 08:21 AM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

Yes...I just posted the same question under "incomplete evacuation but nobody has responded...it's a terrible feeling...I agree. Hopefully someone can shed some light for us.

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

#282529 - 09/16/06 08:59 AM
Abigail

Reged: 03/12/05
Loc: Orlando,FL

I also get that incomplete evacuation feeling all the time, even after a BM. I been trying to find a way to help me go more complete and feel empty for once. I hate it !!! Pain and cramps are so much worst b/c of it. I already eat high in fiber, drinks LOTS of water, keep a daily bathroom routine, take magnesium supplement caps and I exercise for an hour daily. What else can I do?

I hope somebody can help us with some advice, info, suggestions PLEASE!!!Thank you.

Blessings,
Abi

--------------------
The joy of the Lord is my strength !

#282564 - 09/16/06 02:07 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Yup, I used to get that same feeling quite a bit. I feel like a commercial here, but Natural Calm has really helped me with this lately. It's a magnesium citrate supplement and works like a charm! I take a calcium/magnesium supplement in the afternoon, and then take 2.5 teaspoons of NC in the evening before bed. Every morning my BM is a little bit better than the morning before!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Re: To Lisa Maire......... Not being totoally emptied new
      #282568 - 09/16/06 02:16 PM
Abigail

Thank you Lisa, I might take some of that Calm tonight for the first time. How much should I start with? I already take magnesium citrate caps daily, about 500mg. Is the Calm better or different than the caps? Can I take the Calm and still take the caps daily? Sorry for so mane questions, THANK YOU MUCH!!!

Blessings,
Abi

--------------------

Re: To Lisa Maire......... Not being totoally emptied new
      #282570 - 09/16/06 02:22 PM
Lisa Marie

Since you already take a little magnesium during the day, I would start with 1 teaspoon. I started with 1/2 t. If you feel gassy the next day (which I did), increase your dose. You can increase this stuff more quickly than a SFS. It only took me a little over a week to work up to 2.5 teaspoons. You're basically supposed to increase until you just start to get D, then back off a little. 1 teaspoon contains ~200 mg of magnesium.

I think you will find that the calm helps a lot more than the caps, in which case you may want to stop using the caps. I just mix mine in a cup of hot water; it tastes like tea!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

Re: To Lisa Marie......... Not being totoally emptied new
      #282628 - 09/16/06 09:54 PM
Abigail

Thank you Lisa Marie,

I just took 1 tsp with a cup of hot water right before bed time. When am I supposed to start having better BM? Tomorrow? or Does it take a few days? I also took my magnesium caps during the day. I have a big church activity to go to tomorrow night(Sunday night), I hope I feel better by then.

Blessings,
Abi

--------------------

Re: To Lisa Marie......... Not being totoally emptied new
      #282805 - 09/18/06 08:51 AM
Lisa Marie

How did you feel the day after taking 1 tsp? I remember feeling a little gassy. If you don't have a "normal" BM the next day, increase it. And you can do that fairly quickly. Maybe try 1.5 or 2 tsp. It may take several days, so be patient! I know that's easier said than done. I went out to dinner over teh weekend, and even though I didn't eat anything unsafe, my system is all out of whack, so I'm battling some C myself. I'm up to 2.5 tsp each night. I hope it helps you!! Keep me posted!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

#282806 - 09/18/06 08:51 AM
shandy

Reged: 12/21/04
Loc: Alabama

I hate to say it, but I was "thrilled" to find this post. I thought I was the only one who suffers from incomplete evacuation. I've posted about it before and gotten no response, so I figured... ah well, I guess I'm unique!

It sucks. It ruins my day. Not only is my tummy feelng "full", but my back hurts, my mood is crummy and I have no motivation or creativity. I'm a writer, so this is a problem.

What I do to relieve it... first, (sorry if this is TMI), I dig it out. It's not just a "feeling" of incomplete evacuation, in my case, there truly IS stuff in there that won't come out no matter how hard I push. It used to gross me out to stick my finger in my bum, but now it's just a part of my daily routine. I have baby oil and hand soap right near the toilet and I'm pretty efficient about it. Instant relief.

However, there are other days where there's nuthin' in there, but I can tell it's hanging out just out of reach. Those days (probably 4-5 days a week ) I use a glycerin suppository (Colace) or water enema. Again, I've gotten pretty efficient and can usually get it done, even with other people around, as long as I have a little privacy.

This problem (and my solutions) make it hard for me to go on vacation with others and stay in a hotel. I need my privacy and sharing a bathroom under such close quarters is difficult. I finally told my boyfriend why I was so weird about camping, RV'ing or simply staying overnight with friends - he thought I was just terribly anti-social and no fun. Well, yeah, that's what IBS does for you.

Sometimes I wish I was just plain old IBS-D because then others would understand. If you tell someone that you have diarrhea, they aren't going to call you a party pooper (so to speak) when you decline to do certain activities. But just saying your "stomach hurts" doesn't carry quite the same level of sympathy...

Jennifer

--------------------
Jennifer
42 years old
Neither D nor C - just sluggish

#282808 - 09/18/06 09:06 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

A feeling of incomplete evacuation is considered one of the symptoms of IBS. I believe it's one of the Rome diagnostic criteria. Heather's books and the main part of this website (not the message boards) discuss it.

--AC

#282813 - 09/18/06 09:28 AM
feelinggood

Yes, I understand that sluggish feeling - I agree - I am not D and I am not really C as I do go every day but I am incomplete - I absolutely hate it . I am trying to drink more water as I think that I am slack in this department.

#282814 - 09/18/06 09:29 AM
feelinggood

Yes, I understand that sluggish feeling - I agree - I am not D and I am not really totally C as I do go every day but I am incomplete - I absolutely hate it . I am trying to drink more water as I think that I am slack in this department.

Re: Not being totoally emptied Shandy can I email you? new
      #352726 - 11/26/09 04:35 PM

Unregistered

does anyone know shandy's email adress or her last name,I could see if she has a myspace..some of her post's spoke to me and I wanted to chat with her,thanks.

Edited by aperson (11/26/09 04:38 PM)

Stool softener! new
      #352728 - 11/26/09 04:55 PM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

Try taking an OTC (Over The Counter) stool softener routinely as directed on the bottle. These are not at all expensive.

I seriously doubt you will have this problem any more after a week or two, yet keep taking them routinely to keep your stools moving along in a healthy and more comfortable way.

Hope this helps.

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

Re: Stool softener! new
      #352729 - 11/26/09 04:59 PM

Unregistered

are you talking to me? my stools are already soft. definently dont' need them softer.

Re: Stool softener! new
      #352758 - 11/27/09 09:21 AM
julieb123

Reged: 07/19/07
Loc: uk liverpool

hi there am not there best person for advice but i do try i no laxative are bad to most on this site but i have been give one that really good and you can have as much or less as you like
its called sodium picosulfate i was given it by professor whorwell hope i help you can get it one line to

--------------------
ibs c with trapped gas

#352789 - 11/27/09 03:32 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

What you need is a soluble fiber supplement. whatever you do, don't use laxatives! I know that from experience.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 986 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7140

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review