All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Digesting meat
      #282160 - 09/14/06 05:33 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

Does anyone else have a hard time digesting meat? I don't eat a ton of meat, and when I do it's usually pretty small portions. Last night I ate a whole chicken breast, and this morning things are all tightened up...my C is way worse than usual. I think I've noticed this in the past. I'm trying to figure out if there is actually a connection. I don't want to give up meat. I LOVE white meat. But I would if it would make me feel better...or at least limit my portions. Just wondered if anyone else has a hard time with meat.

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

Edited by Mary_V (09/14/06 11:26 AM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Digesting meat new
      #282175 - 09/14/06 06:53 AM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

meat doesn't digest well fro me either so i stopped eating it, fish on the other hand digests really well. But for you I would suggest getting a digestive enzyme that has high protease in it, the enzyme that digests protein, beano will not help as it is meant for starches and sugars.
The high protease enzyme should helop a ton, try renew life's digest more ultra, most HFS should carry it.

Re: Digesting meat - BUMP...anyone else notice this? new
      #282256 - 09/14/06 11:27 AM
Mary_V

Does anyone else have a hard time digesting meat? I don't eat a ton of meat, and when I do it's usually pretty small portions. Last night I ate a whole chicken breast, and this morning things are all tightened up...my C is way worse than usual. I think I've noticed this in the past. I'm trying to figure out if there is actually a connection. I don't want to give up meat. I LOVE white meat. But I would if it would make me feel better...or at least limit my portions. Just wondered if anyone else has a hard time with meat.

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

I suggest you read more about the diet *DELETED* new
      #282258 - 09/14/06 11:36 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Post deleted by Jordy

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

I don't think that was the point new
      #282265 - 09/14/06 12:15 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

She was talking about white meat in her post. Chicken breasts should be safe.

And, I'm sorry, Mary, but I have no idea why white meat wouldn't be safe for you, as long as it's prepared properly (no excess oil/fat in cooking, etc.).

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Your'e right...sorry for the confusion.-nt new
      #282266 - 09/14/06 12:17 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: I don't think that was the point...nope, I know what kind of meat is 'safe' new
      #282272 - 09/14/06 12:24 PM
Mary_V

No, it was prepared fine. I made it myself. I've been doing the diet for a long time. I'm not new to IBS. It just seems like I've noticed having a harder time digesting meat than fruits and veggies. I was just curious if other people notice this. It seems like it would be...for anyone, not just IBSers. I think I just ate too much meat at once. But I still want to hear from anyone else who notices this.

--------------------
~Mary

Re: I don't think that was the point...nope, I know what kind of meat is 'safe' new
      #282275 - 09/14/06 12:40 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I haven't had this problem with white meat - unless, as you pointed out, I eat too much at one time. For me, one whole breast is too much in addition to side dishes. I'll usually have half a breast.

Some others have mentioned they do better with organic poultry, but I haven't noticed a difference myself.

#282294 - 09/14/06 04:03 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Have you ever tried a digestive enzyme?

#282333 - 09/15/06 05:15 AM
kalosis

Reged: 08/20/06

I have noticed the same. I asked my nutritionist and she said many people with digestion problems do have this problem. Even if its lean. I know for myself I used to be more veg and when I started to eat animal protein again my stomach was nauses and delayed I felt. I'm thinking about going back to a more veg diet but for me I start to crave poultry etc. Sorry this wasn't much help but maybe you should ttry being more veg? Or just having very small amount.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 438 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1077

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review