All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS-C but ? should I try lower fiber?
      #281504 - 09/10/06 08:16 AM
kalosis

Reged: 08/20/06

I know even if your ibs-c you should gradually add in soluable fiber. See my issue is I have a constant burning in my stomach,cramping,bloating. If I go which is rarely I still have this I'm wondering if anyone who is c has an opposite effect to fiber and may do better on low fiber. Also though I'm big on whole grains and wouldn't switching to more refined be less healthy?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS-C but ? should I try lower fiber? new
      #281508 - 09/10/06 09:08 AM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

i used to get that burining, cramping bloating and adding a soluble fibre supplement is what really helped alot, the acaia has been a mazing for me, as well as probiotics, digestive enzymes and l-glutamine which hekps heal the tummy and issues from the acid. I never switched to refined grains, i just cut out multi grain, multi seed stuff, so i eat spelt bread or rye bread but not crazy 12 grain bread. It seems to make it easier to deal with one ort wo things at a time than 8 or 12. I find alternative grains also digest betterthan WW, so i use kamut pasta, but still love my WW pita bread.

If you try a low fiber diet... new
      #281591 - 09/11/06 06:35 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

let us know how it goes. Are you talking about a low IF diet or a low fiber diet including SF and IF?

I often wondered if this might help. There would be less stuff in the colon to have to come out. Some people with slow transit might benefit, right?? If it just sits in you anyhow.

I often wonder if the SFS is doing this to me...making me more constipated by clogging me up more.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: IBS-C but ? should I try lower fiber? new
      #281634 - 09/11/06 11:05 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

There's some stickies at the top of the board you may want to read. If you haven't gone through all of them, it's worthwhile to do! Also, reading Heather's newsletters (under IBS News & Reviews) on constipation will clear a lot of things up.

You need both IF and SF. SF will reduce cramping, which helps with both C and D. IF will get things moving, and if you have enough SF, the moving won't hurt as much.

For me, cramping means I'm not getting enough SF and bloating can be a need for SF, IF, or fluids (or exercise!). Burning is more of a GERD symptom - are you eating lots of acidic stuff? Lots of peppermint/ginger?

--AC

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 435 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 479

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review