All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
traveling
      #280346 - 08/30/06 07:22 AM
tjcanaba

Reged: 04/12/06
Loc: nm

Hi, I need a little advice here. This Friday I am going on about a 12hr road trip and I am wondering if anyone has any advice on how to get there in piece. SHould I increase my acaia the night before or maybe add another fennel seed capsule that I already take. My real problem is that it seems that every morning I have one or two bowel movements, but then later in the day all seems well. I really appreciate any advice I can get.

Tony

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: traveling new
      #280353 - 08/30/06 07:45 AM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I was terrified of my last road trip. The drive was 6 hours but I made it! Are you the one driving? If not I would suggest you take a Gravol (Dramamine in the US) a half an hour or so before you leave. I slept for the first few hours (and I normally can't sleep in cars) and then I was wide awake and looking at all of the scenery for the next few. I just brought bottled water and soda crackers to snack on in the car. I waited until we arrived to eat a meal but that may be harder for you since it is 12 hours. I would pack some safe snacks. You will be fine, just eat super safe for the next few days and while you are travelling.

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

Re: traveling new
      #280445 - 08/30/06 05:44 PM
Passanie

Reged: 04/28/04
Loc: Fresno, CA

I agree. Take water. Stop often.

If you have problems in the morning, I'd recommend getting up earlier than normal. That way you can get your bowel movements out of the way before you start traveling. Peppermint tea may be a good way to start the day too.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 692 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 590

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review