All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Endometriosis
      #280161 - 08/28/06 09:20 AM
Lyndeigh

Reged: 02/07/04

Hello All..

My OBGYN has recently discovered that there is a strong probability that I may have endometriosis of the bowel, and that my IBS could actually be being caused by the endo. Are there any ladies out there that can give me any advice, experiences or info concerning endometriosis?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Endometriosis new
      #280177 - 08/28/06 12:22 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

Hi Lyndeigh,

I have endometriosis. If you do a search across the diet and Living Room boards for "endometriosis" with no time limit you can find many posts I've done on the subject -- I just recently did a post about some of my experiences.

I don't check this board very often but I would be happy to answer any questions you have -- my email is in my profile.

The big thing to remember is that you cannot be diagnosed with endometriosis without a laparoscopy -- so while your gynecologist may suspect it, she can't confirm it without surgery. You can have your CA-125 level checked -- it's typically elevated in patients with untreated endometriosis -- it can also be elevated if you have ovarian cancer, though, so for peace of mind I'm not sure if I'd want to have it checked. An MRI or ultrasound may also seem to show endometrioma ("chocolate" cysts) on your ovaries, which would mean endo, but it's still not 100%.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 737 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 339

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review