All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
chemical sensitivity and IBS?
      #279023 - 08/19/06 12:19 PM
taroh73

Reged: 12/28/04
Loc: chicago, il

Just wondering if anyone else has developed chemical sensitivety along w/IBS... I have found over the years as my IBS got worse, so did my intolerance for chemicals (i.e. I can't wear perfumes or use "normal" cleaning products in my house bc the smells make me intolerably ill. Anyone else have this?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: chemical sensitivity and IBS? new
      #279075 - 08/19/06 07:04 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I have this to a certain degree. My aunt is house ridden with MCS (Multiple Chemical Sensitivity) and I am not as bad as her. I cannot wear perfume. The only scented product I use is my shampoo and I have to be careful of that even because I can get rashes on my face after a shower if it is too smelly. My deodarant, my laundry detergent and my lotions and face products are all fragrance free. Cigarette smoke is the worst for me it causes really bad headaches and sever stomach cramping.

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

Do you gals have to eat all organic too? new
      #279118 - 08/20/06 08:40 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Because of the pesticides or chemicals? I always wonder if I would feel better if I ate more organic...but it's so expensive and very difficult to find in stores.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: Do you gals have to eat all organic too? new
      #279135 - 08/20/06 09:56 AM
chupie

Reged: 05/30/06

I find it is practically a must. I do as much as possible. I have known that additives bother me since college twenty years ago. Those "soft cookies" in a package came out. Grandmother's cookies? I remmeber thinking "oh cool". Ate half of one and felt sick. I also felt like I could taste chemicals. Started then to notice that packaged, or processed foods often made me feel "not good". I could never say they caused pain or anything specific, but definitely made me feel poor (rather like I do now when I AM having some abdominal problems). I almost think that was mild IBS even back then.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 512 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 585

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review