All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS and chronic sinusitis
      #278549 - 08/16/06 10:37 AM
seasley04

Reged: 08/16/06

Hi -

My husband hasn't felt good for years. He has gastro problems and chronic sinusitis. I think he has IBS-C and severe allergies that consitently result in sinus infections. He keeps looking for a disease or syndrome that can explain both. He's been tested for all kinds of stuff and, fortunately, it has all come back negative. He has also had two sinus surgeries. I don't think the antibiotics he has to take for his sinuses are helping his IBS either.

Anybody else have this unfortunate combination of IBS and sinusitis? Any advice? I'm working with him to follow the IBS diet but it's tough with all of his food allergies and triggers. Since he hasn't ever really felt "good," it's tough to convince him that the IBS diet could work if we can figure everything out.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Shannon

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS and chronic sinusitis new
      #278628 - 08/16/06 05:29 PM
Ericasmom

Reged: 04/27/04
Loc: Arizona

Oh, I definitely do, Shannon. I have a nose that just drips and drips! (sigh!) Unfortunately, I have the diarrhea predominant type. I've never heard of any condition linking the two. I'm in the middle of my next round of allergy skin tests, just trying to solve the mystery. Sounds just like IBS, doesn't it? GROAN! Sorry couldn't be more help. I have heard vague theories somewhere that colon cleansing can help this. This was back in the days that hubby had one done. Something about toxins building up in the body. But I'm no expert. He would need to see a naturopathis doctor to pursue this.

--------------------

#278630 - 08/16/06 05:38 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

I have sinusitis too. What I've found that really helps both the sinusitis and IBS is probiotics.

#279021 - 08/19/06 12:07 PM
greenfirefly

Reged: 04/18/05

I have D and after finding this website I went off of dairy products for several weeks. I didn't expect my allergies to clear up, I'd had them all my life. But I found that they were about 90% better after several days of no dairy. I'm also allergic to grass and dust mites, I assume that accounts for the other 10%
Before I went off dairy I'd asked my doctor about my allergies. I was taking 24 hour Claritin with the extra antihistamines. Still sometimes I'd get so stuffed up I felt like my throat was closing. The doctor just told me to take extra meds, I knew that couldn't be right.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 744 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 567

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review