All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Re: Instant Dissolve Immodium new
      #278474 - 08/15/06 06:00 PM
Ericasmom

Reged: 04/27/04
Loc: Arizona

INSTANT dissolve pills?? Where do you find those?

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Instant Dissolve Immodium new
      #278632 - 08/16/06 05:40 PM
ArmyWife87

Reged: 06/05/06
Loc: Canada - East Coast

In Canada they are Immodium Quick Dissolve. They are individual packets that you place directly on your tongue and they dissolve instantly. They work well for me....and rather quickly.

--------------------
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away

Re: Will the stomach ache ever end??? In a lot of pain new
      #278749 - 08/17/06 10:00 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I'm so sorry you're still having so much pain. Have you tried an anti-spasmodic? I take Donnatol when I mess up my tummy and it helps the pain and the explosiveness without constipating me.

You could try eating more. I know that's almost impossible to do when you're in so much pain, but letting my stomach get empty is one of the worst things I can do. I can always eat applesauce, French bread, and plain pasta. Maybe try the Brown Sugar Banana Bread from EFI - it's pretty much pure soluble fiber, very low fat, and might give you another food to try to keep your stomach filled. I make it with banana baby food instead of "real" bananas - it's just easier. And Skinny Mashed Potatoes are very soothing - leave out the pepper.

I also agree with the poster who suggested having some other tests. It's great you've had your colonoscopy (not so great you've had to have 3), but please be sure you've been checked for everything on Heather's list, plus some of the newer possibilities like SIBO. You'll need to see your gynecologist to be checked for a couple of them, especially endometriosis. It doesn't make sense to me, either, that you're eating nothing but soluble fiber and still suffering so much.

I have mild reflux and I find I can tolerate store-bought peppermint tea - like Lipton - even though Heather's is too strong for me. Traditional Medicinals makes an Eater's Digest tea that I found very helpful when I first started out.

If you started Acacia on June 26, that's quicker than I would have gotten up to 8 teaspoons. If you feel you're worse off since you started the Acacia, then back off on it (maybe 4 teaspoons a day), but if you're about the same as you were before, then I'd stick where you are for a while until you can get some more testing done.

I hope some of this helps. Take care.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Will the stomach ache ever end??? To Sand new
      #278768 - 08/17/06 11:03 AM
LtDanFan

Reged: 12/17/03
Loc: Ohio

I have spoke personally with another person from the list and we are trying a new 3 day diet..... Yes, I have been on and tried every anti-spasmodic in the world!!! The lastest if Librax, which I do not feel does anything anymore, or I wouldn't have spasm. I've tried bentyl, donnatol, levsin, levbid, and librax. If I posted I was taking 8 tsp of Acacia, I made a mistake, I was taking 3tsp in the am and 3tsp before dinner, which makes a total of 12gms of SF just from that. I had been taking citrucel 6 caps am, 6 caps afternoon and 6 caps evening, so it was pretty close the same amount, the citrucel just became too expensive, and I read the letters about the acacia and thought I'd give it a try. I have had upper and lower GI's, all the blood work, the colonoscopies, checked for parasites, had a very slight case of endometrosis, which is not the cause of my pain,I have been told with each colonoscopy where the spasm is and why, but they are usually like "just take your antispasmodic and live"..... I do not know what SIBO is. Where can I find the recipe for the banana bread? Is that Heather's banana bread or do you have a different recipe? Baby food has been suggested to me and I'm going to try that as my "fruit spread". And I'm not sure what EFI is?
Cheryl

--------------------
IBS-D, extreme pain and cramping - GERD - lactose/dairy intolerant, OCD, Fibromyalgia
DX: w/ Multiple Sclerosis 3/10
I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me. Phil 4:13

Where's the Brown Sugar Banana Bread Recipe? new
      #278770 - 08/17/06 11:11 AM
LtDanFan

I went to the recipe exchange and found several banana bread recipes. Which one do I want, the brown sugar one, is not listed as brown sugar banana bread. Help

Cheryl

--------------------
IBS-D, extreme pain and cramping - GERD - lactose/dairy intolerant, OCD, Fibromyalgia

Re: Where's the Brown Sugar Banana Bread Recipe? new
      #278771 - 08/17/06 11:12 AM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

EFI= Eating For IBS - the diet or the book

The banana bread recipe that Sand mentioned is in the EFI book (Heather's Eating for IBS book)

HTH

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

#278773 - 08/17/06 11:17 AM
LtDanFan

I got my book from the library and do not have one now. Is the recipe just in the book? Can someone e-mail it to me?? Or is it one of the ones listed on the recipe exchange list?

Thanks

--------------------

#278776 - 08/17/06 11:37 AM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

Here you go:

Heather's Brown Sugar Banana Bread

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

#278777 - 08/17/06 11:40 AM
LtDanFan

Thanks so much!!!

--------------------

Re: Will the stomach ache ever end??? To Sand new
      #278797 - 08/17/06 12:26 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Quote:

I was taking 3tsp in the am and 3tsp before dinner, which makes a total of 12gms of SF just from that. I had been taking citrucel 6 caps am, 6 caps afternoon and 6 caps evening, so it was pretty close the same amount

a total of 12 citrucel caplets is only 6 grams of fiber, not 12! There is only 1 gram per 2 caplets, so you really doubled your fiber.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1732 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7319

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review