All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Have you ever tried a fiber supplement? new
      #278819 - 08/17/06 01:51 PM
Abigail

Reged: 03/12/05
Loc: Orlando,FL

My main issues are incomplete evacuation, pain, cramps and bloating.

What fiber supplement do you use?

I eat Fiber One cereal b/c it has the most IF. I also eat Oat bran pancakes, papaya, pineapple and mango for breakfast.

I'm going to start taking Beano for gas and bloating. Have you tried Beano?

Still having cramps and pain since I took that Barium yesterday :-( Is that normal? Should I expect to feel better tomorrow?

Blessings,
Abi

--------------------
The joy of the Lord is my strength !

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Fiber One Cereal new
      #278896 - 08/18/06 06:58 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

That is very IF! Especially first thing on an empty tummy. Yikes. This may be contributing to your pain, cramps, and bloating. Plus, it contains artificial sweetener.

I take beano, but it doesn't seem to help me, like it has the others. I hope it helps you, Abi.

I don't currently use an SFS. I've tried lots of them, but they all have caused me gas and bloating. I don't know if I should keep trying or not. I think I've tried almost all of them except Acacia. I'm scared to try anything new. None, I mean none, have been more helpful than hurtful. I would think someone with chronic constipation would need to take a supplement....don't you?

I think it's perfectly normal to still be feeling the effects of the barium. It takes a while to get out of your system....but every day, it gets better.

Didn't you have a sitz marker test too? How did that come out?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: Fiber One Cereal new
      #279119 - 08/20/06 08:44 AM
Jordy

Do any other C people eat this type of high fiber cereal for breakfast? I thought this was a bad idea.

Maybe it's worth a try though???

--------------------

#279149 - 08/20/06 11:10 AM
Abigail

If I could find a cereal high in IF(14g), but that has no wheat, I would love to try it. I need that much fiber in the morning with my flax seeds to help me go. Do any of you know about a high IF cereal with no wheat free?

--------------------

#279167 - 08/20/06 12:46 PM
Jordy

I don't think we are suppose to have this high amount of IF, though. I'm confused.

I did see this in the store web page It's weird, because it says 9 grams soluble fiber....but amaranth is an IF fiber, so it could be a typo???

--------------------

bump about high fiber cereals, etc.-nt new
      #279506 - 08/22/06 12:24 PM
Jordy

--------------------

Abigail new
      #282643 - 09/17/06 08:14 AM
Jordy

Could you post a sample diet that you may eat? Are you eating SF before IF or are you concentrating on straight IF mostly?

How do you keep things "running" without using a SFS or Miralax or laxatives? I would love to be able to take care of the C with diet. Do you take any supplements besides your magnesium?

Thanks so much! I'm hurting and I can't go. I think I might just try to eat high IF and not concentrate on the SF so much...since it doesn't seem to be working for me.

--------------------

Re: Jordy new
      #282666 - 09/17/06 11:46 AM
Abigail

Hi Jordy,

Sorry you aren't feeling well, hope this helps you...
By breakfast is:
Fiber One cereals with 2 tblsp of flax seeds(whole and soaked overnight with 3 prunes)and rice milk. I also eat the prunes with that. I eat a little bit of fruits like mango, pineapple and papaya. I make me a very small Oat bran pancake and I melt a slice of cheese on top. I drink
a little papaya juice to take my supplements with. I drink a cup of peppermint tea and then lots of water.

I only snack on something like grapes, hempseeds organic bar with seeds like sunflower and pumpkin seeds. Dry papaya
fruit.

My dinner is:
A bowl of lentil soup with some melted cheese on top.
A plate of brown rice with beans(like red, pink, kidney, pinto, haba and I'm going to try black beans soon)a little lettuce and alfafa and baked/broil fish.
I eat some papaya/pineapple for dessert.
Drink some papaya juice to take my supplements with and then a cup of peppermint tea.
I wait about 45 min and then I drink lots of water while I'm on the treadmill for about 1 hour. That helps me so much after I eat.

I forgot to mention that I also drink lots of water as soon as I wake up in the morning to get my bowels moving.

For the past couple weeks or so I tried to add some more SF foods to my diet and I got C and hard stool right away. There was a day that I wasn't even able to eat nothing but breakfast b/c the pain cramps was too much. I even had to drink some MOM to help me the next morning. I don't know why SF isn't good for me, but I know it works for others.

Last night I started taking the Magnesium Calm, 1 tsp with a hot cup of water, like a tea and this morning went more than usual. I don't if it's just a coincidence, but I will keep trying it. I know it works really well for Lisa Marie.

I need to say that I'm not really stable as others, but to keep me going without having to take meds to have a BM, I need to eat this way.

Maybe you should try to eat more IF and little less SF see how you feel.

I will pray for you. You can email me if you like.

Blessings,
Abi

--------------------

Re: Abigail new
      #282670 - 09/17/06 12:15 PM
saeRN

Reged: 09/17/06

I have had IBS since I was 13 and I am now 52 yrs. old! Miserable! Has anyone tried a laxative that does not kill you? I am so constipated. Maybe go once per week or 2. I've yet to find any food that will make me go. I can eat a bag of prunes and it won't affect me. I am so constipated that I am afraid to start and fiber that will block me up more. Any suggestions on a gentle laxative for IBS sufferers? Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Saern new
      #282673 - 09/17/06 12:39 PM
Abigail

The only laxative that I take when need is Milk of Magnesium. My doctor said is safe for long term use, it won't kill you.

Last night I just started taking Magnesium Calm(Mag. citrate)powder and went this morning more than usual, you should try it.

I don't take any fiber supplement b/c they always block me up more.

Did you have all the test necessary to rule out any pelvic organ dysfunctions or colonic inertia? Try this website www.constipation.net/Articles.html?
It has great info about chronic C.

Hope this helps.

Blessings,
Abi

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2872 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7551

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review