All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
trying my best but still not there yet!
      #276416 - 07/31/06 10:16 AM
sapphiremel

Reged: 05/15/06
Loc: New York

I started the ibs diet last week , I messed up once by having chinese food after that I thought I was doing everything right, this weekend I had company and was really running around try very hard to keep up with the diet, was very hard because I had food in the house for the guest but not too much of what i needed I bbq on sat and did good just had some rice and some pasta. On sun I had a meatless burger boiled pot and did ok but then I ate some fruit and winded up in the bathroom with D. Sometimes I feel like I feel worse did anyone feel that way at first the book said you should see a big differece in a couple of days I don
t feel that way. I am getting myself down but will keep it up because I truly want to be stable

--------------------
IBS D

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

don't lose hope! new
      #276457 - 07/31/06 01:16 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Although the book says that you should see a difference in a few days, it doesn't work out that way for a LOT of people. I actually didn't see improvement for MONTHS... but then again, I was incredibly, almost-in-the-hospital sick, so hopefully it won't take that long for you! The bottom line is, just keep with it and don't lose hope, because it DOES help - this is a long-term solution, not a quick fix, and the results are worth it. Hang in there!

Things will get better new
      #276518 - 07/31/06 07:37 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

It takes a while to learn what your body can have and what it can't. Your gut needs time to heal and stability can take some time. I remember how frustrating it was when I first started the diet and was still having attacks (though things did improve within the first few weeks, I was still having pretty regular attacks, just not every day like I was). Some people takes weeks or months to stabilize and other takes a couple years. Are you taking any supplements? The Acacia fiber is especially wonderful.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Re: Things will get better new
      #276589 - 08/01/06 10:50 AM
sapphiremel

thank you yes I am taking benefiber but now I am reading they are changing there ingredients which is something else to confuse me I read some of the post but still don't understand what it all means. I like taking the clear stuff there's a new one out fibersure don't know anything about it though thanks for the advice

--------------------
IBS D

Re: don't lose hope! new
      #276590 - 08/01/06 10:52 AM
sapphiremel

thanks alot you have always responded to my post and I really appreciate all you have to say. When I stay on this diet to I stay on it strictly until I am stable?? finding things to eat is hard.

--------------------
IBS D

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 914 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 586

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review