All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
a question about soya
      #276272 - 07/30/06 07:49 AM
sophiejay

Reged: 07/26/06
Loc: England

Hey again i was just wondering if any one felt really gassy or bloated if they have soy milk, and was wondering what rice milk is like taste wise and if it had given any one any problems. thanksxxxx

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: a question about soya new
      #276280 - 07/30/06 08:46 AM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

I've been eating more and more soy products lately and noticed I got very gassy. It is because soy based foods are made from a soy bean, which is a notorious gas food. I now take a beano pill with every serving of soy, and it worked great! No gas whatsoever. I had tried fennel as well, but that is more of an after-treatment for bloating and gas, whereas beano seems to prevent it.

I have tried rice milks in the past and didn't like the taste, so I'm sticking with the soy milk.

Goodluck,
Kat

--------------------
Kat

#276389 - 07/31/06 07:06 AM
sophiejay

hey just tried some rice milk today and it was fine, it does kinda taste of nothing and is a lot like water, but i'm getting used to it. Thanks for the advice i think i'll alternate rice and soya milks but get some of those tablets to help thank againxxxx

#276403 - 07/31/06 08:23 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

I used to drink vanilla soy milk, but switched to rice milk because of gassiness. I LOVE vanilla rice milk! I think it tastes better (and sweeter) than the vanilla soy milk.

--Lisa, IBS-C

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#276409 - 07/31/06 09:12 AM
craftymeg

Reged: 07/07/06
Loc: Newfoundland, Canada

I like vanilla rice milk on cereal because it doesn't add a lot of extra flavour. But for drinking I much prefer vanilla soy milk because the rice milk I find kind of bland, i'd rather drink plain water. For cooking though I find I get much creamier results from the soy milk than rice milk. If you like mild flavours then the rice milk is the one to go with. If you do have a lot of gassiness with soy try introducing it slowly into your diet so your body has time to increase its enzyme production for breaking down the sugars in soybeans that cause the gas production.

#276410 - 07/31/06 09:19 AM
sophiejay

thanks for the advice i think i'll stick with rice milk for a while and then slwoly bring in some soy. Thanks so muchxxx

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 706 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 697

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review