All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
just one more thing i promise
      #275736 - 07/26/06 01:20 PM
sophiejay

Reged: 07/26/06
Loc: England

I'm suffering really badly from constipation on and off for the past six months, i thought i had my ibs sorted out but then had a very bad emotional episode and now constipation rules my life. Its not classical c because I eat my breakfast as usual which is coco pops dry and then I ususally have a bm but now i find i either have one but then need to go again later on in the day and have to strain or i have to jump up and down and exercise vigourously after breakfast until my bowels decide to move and even then it still doesnt feel complete. I only eat coco pops or cornflakes for breakfast then rice cakes or rice and corn cakes for lunch and snacks and then a small amount of bran bar at the end of the day to enable softer stools. Im going through a ruff relationship patch just now too!
Please some one help me this is so not good!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: just one more thing i promise new
      #275821 - 07/27/06 05:23 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

Since you're ibs-c you need a lot of IF to keep things moving. Coco pops & cornflakes hardly have any. Try eating cereal w/ more fiber...like an oat cereal or wheat if you can handle it. Also, don't coco pops have dairy?? And drink LOTS of water. That's what helps me most in the mroning.

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

#275889 - 07/27/06 12:06 PM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Are you eating your fruits and veggies? You need to do this for both IBS and for your health in general. Fruit and vegetable fiber tend to be easier on your system than bran is as well.

Please read over the entire site and learn about the IBS diet guidelines. It wasn't until I started having fruits & veg at *every* meal and following Heather's diet that I got control of my IBS-C.

--AC

#275916 - 07/27/06 01:51 PM
sophiejay

I try to eat vegetables more than fruit because most fruit just give me the runs and gas pains. I try and have mashed potatoes and carrot soups i always eat organic vegetable soups but ive only be able to eat rice cakes a coco pops for the past couple of weeks as they are the only things that dont make it any worse. Also its hard for me to eat veg apart from veg soup because i have a phobia of feeling full so when ever i get too full i'm usually always sick and then feel better. I try to just drink soups and hope theystay down.Also wheat bloats me out really badly and oats do the same thing. thanks for your adviexxx

#275918 - 07/27/06 01:54 PM
sophiejay

i buy a shop brand of cocopops that doesnt have dairy i just call them coco pops cause they look and taste exactly the same, they;re basically just crisped rice with cocoa powder. I cant stomach wheat very often or oats but i try alternating with cornflakes. I also drink eight to ten glasses of water a day too i think i'm getting constapated more latley because i'm under alot of stres. Any stress relieving techniques? Thanks for you help.xxxx

Edited by sophiejay (07/27/06 01:55 PM)

#276017 - 07/28/06 06:47 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Have you read through this site (not just the message boards)? It doesn't sound like you're following Heather's diet. I think you'll feel better if you eat like she suggests.

Hypnotherapy for IBS is really good for people whose IBS is triggered by stress.

Really, you'll learn a lot more if you read this site and/or Heather's books!

--AC

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1014 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1622

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review