All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Acacia Input please
      #272851 - 07/06/06 08:36 PM
AmandaM

Reged: 10/05/05

All this acacia talk on here lately has been peaking my interest in trying it again. I tried it a year ago and probably didn't give it a fair shake because I was really unstable at that time. I hadn't given it any thought until now because I was really stabilized up until I started stressing over the bar exam. While I think my stabilization was mostly due to following the diet, I have also been taking Immodium daily. I know that the Immodium does help me from getting D, but I wonder if it's also just masking the real problems associated with my gut motility.

Anyway, I am really afraid to try acacia again and just wanted to get some input from other D'ers out there who use it. I need to be convinced at this point to start messing with my system again. Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Acacia Input please new
      #272852 - 07/06/06 08:52 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

Oaky ... I am a d'er. Acacia has been a blessing in my life. It's too bad that I did not fine it and Heather's diet years ago. Please give it another chance. You will not be disapointed.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Re: Acacia Input please new
      #272885 - 07/07/06 08:59 AM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

I stand by Acacia since it has helped me so much. I'm IBS-D and have been taking 2 tbsp a day. I tried to lessen the amount thinking I'd save money, and not have to bother ordering it online all the time. What happened is that I started having to take more Imodium which got ridiculously expensive. I'm back taking my full acacia amount and it is helping so much. Plus I find I have less bloating, gas and cramping than when I was just relying on Imodium.

Hope that helps,
Kat

--------------------
Kat

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6063 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 459

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review