All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: What is your favorite "safe" fast food sandwich? new
      #271886 - 06/30/06 02:25 PM
Camryn

Reged: 06/30/06
Loc: Canada

I ate at the Subway on Grafton a couple weeks ago and my friend asked what kind of cheese they had and the person behind the counter replied "American cheese." Hmmm. Quiznos is really good over here but I didn't get the chance to visit the Dublin one. I wonder if it's very different.

I remember when there was just one Subway too! And I was surprised to spot at least three Starbucks during my visit. How long have they been around?

How could I forget to mention O'Briens? Love their sandwiches!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#271910 - 06/30/06 04:45 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I just don't like Quizno's sauces I think, or I haven't found one that I do like. Starbucks arrived on Dame St/College Green just before Christmas and now there's one on Harcourt St, in the Dundrum Shopping Centre, in Liffey Valley Shopping Centre and somewhere in Kildare. I work very near the Harcourt St one and most of the people I work with are boycotting in favour of Cafe Sol the Irish chain. Starbucks is VERY expensive over here, and when all you're getting is a peppermint tea I don't think it's worth the extra 30 or 40 cent.

O'Brien's is pretty good, although I find their bread very stodgy as it's so thick cut. I love that they use Ballymaloe relish though, mmmm.

We have some bagel chains which are pretty good too, itsabagel in the Epicurean Food Hall on Liffey St is AMAZING...gourmet all the way..yummy!

If you are over again and need any food tips let me know, I am the resident Dublin expert!

--------------------
S.

#271919 - 06/30/06 05:40 PM
Camryn

Reged: 06/30/06
Loc: Canada

I like itsabagel too. There are so many bagel places around there now. I can't think of a single one that was around when I was living there (early nineties to 1999).

I do hope Starbucks doesn't take over. I was kind of dismayed to see it edging its way into the Irish market. Fingers crossed that it doesn't turn out like London - two on every block!

Thanks! Before I go over next I will check in with you about safe restaurants to have dinner. While I was living there I didn't really have these problems so it's a whole new ballgame.

Re: casey..drop the onions & tomato and order me one too.. new
      #271998 - 07/01/06 10:11 AM
ArmyWife87

Reged: 06/05/06
Loc: Canada - East Coast

Hi Dajara....fries with mayo were soooo good, and of course I always sprinked a little vinegar. I remember those days as well

--------------------
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2259 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3170

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review