All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Extreme diarrhea,nausea, colon pain
      #269656 - 06/15/06 12:05 PM
LtDanFan

Reged: 12/17/03
Loc: Ohio

I have been on what I thought was an IBS attack since last Friday, it started out as my usual symptoms, I have been on the what you can eat when you can't eat anything, but every single thing I put on my stomach, rice, plain, toast, plain, safe bread, pretzels, etc. hits my belly and instantly I'm gurgling and spasming up, and having all kinds of explosive D, and lots of fun colors. I have called my GI guy, naturally can't get me in for like 3 months, my question is, has anyone ever had where they just can't eat ANYTHING? What do I do? Just drink, I have been pounding the Imodium, Heather's peppermint caps, fennel tea, and water, now the water is makingme nauseous. Any help at all. Desperation has set in!!! Thanks

--------------------
IBS-D, extreme pain and cramping - GERD - lactose/dairy intolerant, OCD, Fibromyalgia
DX: w/ Multiple Sclerosis 3/10
I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me. Phil 4:13

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Extreme diarrhea,nausea, colon pain new
      #269658 - 06/15/06 12:16 PM
srjet

Reged: 04/18/06
Loc: NC

I am IBS C , but have had what you are decribing. I too get sick on my stomach with water. I just hung in there with oatmeal. I stopped my IBS meds and going cold turkey. I sure wish I could help you but as of the last week, I am too in the same boat. Doc is giving me run around. I have a new doc, but it is next month before I see her. But I do lay on a microwave bag a lot. See if that helps.

--------------------
SRJET

#269660 - 06/15/06 12:22 PM
MustLoveHorses

Reged: 04/18/06

Since I can't PM you (yet), I will just ask here and we can delete the post later: LtDanFan, does this mean that you are a Gary Sinise fan? I like him too. And my Director looks like him. It's kind of cool. So I have a funny Lt. Dan story for you, real quick! I was having some Soy Dream (not) ice cream the other day and my girlfriend just randomly says to me, 'What if Forrest Gump had said, "Lieutenant Daaaan! Soy Dreeeeam!' And wagged the cone at Gary Sinise?' I thought that was pretty funny and we both agreed, nope, that probably wouldn't have been as funny on screen as saying 'ice creeeeaaam' UNLESS you were familiar with Soy Dream. Anyway, hope you are a GS fan and that this story is that much funnier

Cheers!

Bump Re: Extreme diarrhea, nausea, colon pain new
      #269685 - 06/15/06 03:20 PM
LtDanFan

I can't believe with all of us on this board, there isn't anyone that has any advice??? Maybe even for just the nausea???? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--------------------
IBS-D, extreme pain and cramping - GERD - lactose/dairy intolerant, OCD, Fibromyalgia

#269688 - 06/15/06 03:26 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

You could try gravol for the nausea, and keep up on your fluids. There is a strange bug going around too, maybe you caught a bit of it? Maybe try some saltines or toast to see how your tummy reacts. Nausea isn't normal for me with ibs attacks, but when I have a migraine, gravol is the only saving grace! Hope you're feeling better soon.

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

It sounds like an intestinal illness to me. (m) new
      #269696 - 06/15/06 03:51 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

If your GI guy can't see you for 3 months (sheesh) try your general practitioner or family practice physician if you have one. If you don't or she can't see you either, try one of those walk-in clinics. The last time I had an intestinal illness that's where I went and they were great. The doc there prescribed Tylenol with Codeine. It eased the pain from the cramping and stopped the diarrhea like magic. The only downside is that it might make your nausea worse.

HTH. Feel better soon.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Extreme diarrhea,nausea, colon pain Thanks new
      #269714 - 06/15/06 05:09 PM
LtDanFan

Thanks for the help, where do you get gravol?

--------------------

Re: Gravol for nausea new
      #269722 - 06/15/06 05:51 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I agree with Toady--try Gravol for nausea. I use this. It works like a charm. Just read labels and make sure it contains no lactose. I also agree with Sand re: Tylenol with Codeine for the spasms. It also has the benefit of a constipating effect. Stick to the blandest pure SF diet, too.

Kate, IBS-D.

Re: Extreme diarrhea,nausea, colon pain Thanks new
      #269740 - 06/15/06 07:27 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Dramamine is similar to Gravol. Basically, Gravol is the Canadian version. It is just an anit-nausea, mmotion sickness medication

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

#269752 - 06/15/06 08:58 PM
Jorjina

Reged: 06/15/06

Heather's peppermint tea works well for me. Peppermint helps with the cramping, it is my drug of choice. Swimming sometimes helps to end an attack for me. Especially in a warm pool. Very relaxing and great for for you. Sometimes I can't figure out what makes an attack linger. Try taking the acacia fiber before you eat for a while. This may help to stabilize you as well. Hang in there...

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 402 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1888

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review