All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Frustrated
      #266829 - 05/31/06 08:20 PM
AdamN

Reged: 05/31/06
Loc: Brooklyn

I'm new and pretty frustrated tonight. I've been following the diet pretty stictly. Tonight I ate some stir fried mushrooms with tofu and brown rice. All safe stuff. I added a bit of bok choy but not enough to cause any problems. I had eaten the same thing last week and felt great but tonight I got horribly sick and have been running to the bathroom every 15 mins for over an hour. Does anybody know what I did wrong here?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Frustrated new
      #266852 - 05/31/06 10:06 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

did you eat it at a differnt place..could it have MSG in it? or did you make it at home? could it have been something else that you ate in the last say 24 hours that was not safe? some people don't get attacks right away....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#266926 - 06/01/06 09:17 AM
AdamN

Thanks for replying! No I cooked at home so MSG was not a factor. But after thinking about it last night I realized that yesterday at lunch I ate a tuna sandwich. I thought the mayo was light enough that I would be OK but maybe I was wrong. Its wierd that I got sick as soon as I ate dinner though and not before. I actaully stayed home from work today because I felt so ill yesterday.

#266933 - 06/01/06 09:43 AM
Shell Marr

Your welcome...

You might want to do a search for "Mayo" with no date limits and see what brands others use. You can try a Fat Free brand and some lemon juice and a dab of olive oil.

Yes....sometimes I feel JUST fine and then I eat a meal and feel bad 20-30 mins later, but what ends up "coming out" may be something I ate the day before... or I'm gassy and can tell by the smell what it is...again a lot of the time is from the day before or even two.

Keeping a food journal might help you... write down what you eat and how you feel each day....might help you "figure out" your body/tummy. *note: for some keeping a journal can be overwhelming and can make them focus TOO MUCH on it..making them stressed and more worked up about it...so just keep that in mind too... watch your moods.

Hope that helps some....

--------------------

#266940 - 06/01/06 10:01 AM
AdamN

The tuna sandwich was preprepared so maybe there was more mayo in it then I thought. I guess I really need to start bringing lunches to work just so I can be safe.
Thanks for your help!

#266945 - 06/01/06 10:05 AM
Shell Marr

Again your welcome...that is what we are all here for.

Yes, bring your own lunch is not only safer, but it is usually cheaper too!

Now you just have to find yourself a cool GI Joe or Spiderman lunchbox! hehehe just kidding!

--------------------

#267000 - 06/01/06 01:24 PM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Oh, preprepared tuna salad can be really high in fat. One of the local chains here in Chicago (Potbelly's) started posting their nutritional information, and I was shocked that their tuna sandwich had about as much fat as a Whopper.

So now I get my tuna fix at home only, and stick with turkey sandwiches without mayo when I get a sandwich at a restaurant.

--AC

p.s. Just checked www.potbelly.com and now their tuna salad sandwich is under 10 grams of fat. Whoot! Guess some other tuna fans noticed just how fatty their old recipe was.

Excellent wisdom, Shell! new
      #267046 - 06/01/06 08:00 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I had one of those attacks, this afternoon. It was blatantly obviously something that I ate around 14 hours ago. However, I was lucky enough to identify the distressor and will ease up on those foods for awhile, i.e. one bite is more than enough.

Also, sometimes OTC remedies can really wreck havoc on your guts. The other day, I took some aluminum containing "gas" pills and had the most pain attack of C!!!

Kate, IBS-D.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4734 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 898

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review