All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
help!!
      #266641 - 05/31/06 09:55 AM
tam

Reged: 02/02/06
Loc: uk

i dont know if anyone can help,but i really could do wiv sum advice!!!

I am going to spain this wkend for a hen party with a group of girls i hardly know!!

I dont know them enough to feel comfortable in telling them about my bowel habbits yet i dont want them to think im being miserable by not being able to drink, (i havnt had the nerve to try any alcohol for a long time) and im really worried that im not going to be able to eat anythinhg!!

does anbody have any helpful hints, it would be really appreciated!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: help!! new
      #266648 - 05/31/06 10:32 AM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

Hi there

Welcome to the boards!

I've been in similar situations - I guess all you can really do is just say you have a medical problem that means you can't drink, but just don't explain it. If they ask just roll your eyes and say "yeah, like we want to talk about my problems on a hen night!" or "don't ask, it's way too complicated!" ?

Besides, try focussing on the positives - you'll always be sober, so can make sure everyone is safe and gets back to where you're staying ok! Always a good idea to have one sober person on that kind of thing...

I'd start planning your food now - what's the plans for eating while you're there (like are you self catering or half board, etc). Also, you can take some safe staples with you, and you can always get bread/pasta/rice/potatoes etc in restaurants to cushion other foods, and you can usually get some chicken or something. What do you do when you eat out in the UK?

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

Re: help!! new
      #266654 - 05/31/06 10:44 AM
tam

Reged: 02/02/06
Loc: uk

thanx for the advice!!
i know im probably worrying over nothing, i just cant bare the thought of being unwell!!
I some bread sicks, go ahead bars and some cracker things to take with me just to snack on, im a huge fan of pasta and rice anyway so i will deffinately stick to those things, im more worried about the additives ie sweetners and msg, though hopefully they wont add things like that to rice and pasta!! but you never know!!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1202 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 391

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review