All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Newly self-diagnosed IBS
      #265428 - 05/25/06 12:52 AM
SoyToy

Reged: 05/22/06

First off i would like to thank you for the very informative website. For about 10 years I have suffered through IBS without gettin a diagnosis. Eversince i was about 15 or so my stomach did not care for certain foods, and would retaliate with bad cramps and dhiarea. After talking with my mother, it appears that my uncle to has IBS so i figure its very possible i could to. About a month ago i looked up "IBS" on the internet and found this website. From then on, i have eliminated red meat from my diet completly, and rarely have any dairy. This was after a rather nasty 3 day IBS attack which came after i was lazy and had burgers and other bad for you red meat. I went out and i bought myself a blender, soy milk, and bananas and started making soy smoothies for breakfast three weeks in a row. I also bought the orange flavored metamucil as well. My problem right now is its starting to get boring, and i am trying to find new things to add to my diet. Chicken and rice is only exciting for so long. Here is what i like: fish, chicken, pasta, shrimp, crab, pork. I am a bachelor living on my own, so i need to find quick and easy recipies that are tummy friendly. I read a lot of the recipies on this website, and they are pretty time consuming. Anyone have some advice for a guy who doesn't like most vegatables (i like carrots, cuccumbers, lettuce, tomatoes, potatoes, sweet potatoes, and sometimes asparagus...although i have only cooked asparagus correctly 1/4 times) to liven up my dinners? I also bought a rice cooker with a steamer and was wondering what else i can cook in there!

Edited by SoyToy (05/25/06 01:03 AM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Newly self-diagnosed IBS new
      #265429 - 05/25/06 01:25 AM
seggy

Reged: 04/24/06
Loc: North East of England, UK

hi
hope you're all well ok in response to the question, there is a thread on this already and there are some good answers there and it would be really cool if I could give you the link for that but well...... I don't know how lol sorry
so what I did is went to the search thingy (oh yes I am very technically minded as you can tell )
and typed in 'quick recipes' and that transports you as if by magic to the thread yay and there you will find answers
hope it works ok but if not there'll be someone else on here who can do the clever link thing ( I will get there some day)
there you go hope this helps
Godbless
Vicky

Re: Newly self-diagnosed IBS new
      #265519 - 05/25/06 08:31 AM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Please get yourself diagnosed properly by a doctor. Yes, that means having uncomfortable tests like a colonoscopy. Some other illnesses may cause some of the same symptoms as IBS so you want to rule out the bad diseases. Also you might want to look into getting a food allergy test done because that can also mimic IBS symptoms.

HTH

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4015 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 563

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review