All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Having a hard time of it
      #26270 - 11/10/03 08:46 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I'm emotional eating! My life is one big stress ball right now...I have 4 jobs I don't find stimulating, I'm bored, finances are tight, I don't fit into my clothes right, I'm sick all the time, my doc says I need to exercise more but I have no motivation...yuck!

I'm usually such an optimist...but lately I'm a real downer Anyone have any suggestions on steps I can take to get motivated and be happy again? I need to stop using food to hide behind--and I need to take really good care of myself. Any ideas would be truly appreciated.

Thanks mucho grande!

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Having a hard time of it new
      #26272 - 11/10/03 09:08 AM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

HI Ruchie

I'm sorry your so down. I'm sure we all know how that feels!! It SUCKS. I need to exercise more too. But it is hard to find the motivation to do it! When I use to exercise a lot I really did feel much better. As we all know it's a great stress reducer.

Wow 4 jobs....no wonder your stressed. If you could get that down to one really great job that would be wonderful for you!!! I hope things get to looking better for you. I hate getting stressed and turning to food.....that sure adds on a few unwanted pounds. I went through that same thing and have now taken control of it...just take some deep breaths and one day at a time. You can do it!!!! Things can get really tuff... I know I'm a stay at home mom and I feel like I'm going insane sometimes doing the same things over and over!!! But I find if I just take a few day's to settle down I get some motivation back.

Just take it easy for a day or two and things might seem better. Pamper yourself....long bubble baths...ya know..girly things!!!

Good luck!!
Steph

--------------------

#26273 - 11/10/03 09:08 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

I can sympathize because I have been there. I bought a brand new car when I was 19 and was living on my own...I really wanted it, but had to work two jobs to have it = 14 hour days. Except for Mondays and Tuesday nights only.

I remember one Tuesday night I had to do my laundry. And that was the day the dryer was "Out of Order." I remember I lost it...totally broke down in tears in the laundry room. I was in bed by 6:30 that night because I was too stressed.

The point of my story????? Get one job that pays more...some people can't take the stress of two jobs. Or take on a room mate.

I was so lucky because my fulltime job gave me a huge raise so I could quit my second job and keep my car...I was very lucky.

But if I was you I would start looking for a job you would enjoy and can afford to do full time!

I know how it feels though. But I honestly had to learn to cut things out too...4 JOBS!! It is amazing that you haven't had a melt down yet!!! LOL

Good luck and keep us posted

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#26278 - 11/10/03 09:21 AM
cloudygirl

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: Washington

Hi Ruchie,
Oh my gosh! No wonder you're so stressed, four jobs, yikes!
I too have found it hard to get motivated to take care of myself. Just focus on how good you feel when you exercise and eat more safely. That helps to motivate me. At least it gets the ball rolling.
I like Kathy Smith's work out tapes becaus she's no nonsense and she explains things really well.
Analize your work schedueles to see when you can fit some form of exercise in. And take a look at the IBS recipes on the recipe exchange. Choose the ones you like the best.
Hang in there. It's hard sometimes to get back on track,but sometimes we have to force ourselves to do it. And in the long run it usually makes us feel better.
Good Luck,
Cloudygirl

#26453 - 11/10/03 07:23 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Hey, girl. Hang in there. Things will get better. The job thing - see if you can improve it. In the meantime, pamper yourself a bit. Baths, etc. and try walking. Go easy, pick a nice day and pretend it's not exercise or good for you. Enjoy the fresh air and relax. Maybe even take the hubby and hold his hand. I find walking does wonders - the fresh air, ... I need to take my own advice here.
Cut yourself some slack on the comfort eating. It's perfectly normal and when do us IBSers ever fit into clothes properly?? Don't worry about it.
Try to find quick healthy snacks that are IBS friendly and try to eat healthy - it will only help you feel better and give you more energy. Not that you don't know all of this, but sometimes it's just good to hear.
Take care and I hope you feel better.
The hugest hug that can be sent over internet - HUG!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#26467 - 11/10/03 10:15 PM
louise

Reged: 02/05/03
Loc: canada

Hi; rUCHIE: To help you stop hiding behind food, you should really consider getting Dr.Phil's book SEVEN STEPTO ULTIMATE WEIGHT LOSS. IT is NOT just another diet book. IT IS full of practical steps to help you get control of your life by helping you to lose weight. TRY it!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 387 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 590

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review