All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
COLDS
      #261579 - 05/04/06 01:25 PM
1jannetteavila

Reged: 05/04/06

I read a book called "Living with Chronic IBS" in that books it says that people with IBS get frequent colds? Is there any help for people with IBS who also get colds all the time? Can I take vitamin C, or orange juices?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: COLDS new
      #261590 - 05/04/06 01:37 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Hm, I've never heard that before about colds and IBS. It hasn't been my personal experience - I rarely get a cold even though I work with the public.

Vitamin C can be considered an IBS trigger because it can cause gas, cramps, and diarrhea. I think you shouldn't take more than the 100% RDA for vitamin C. You might want to try a search for this on the main Help for IBS page - check the IBS dietary FAQs.

I'm not sure about orange juice. It's probably okay to have a small glass following an IBS safe meal, however, I can't tolerate OJ very well.

#261606 - 05/04/06 02:17 PM
Gr8ful

Reged: 03/15/04
Loc: Orange County CA

I was thinking the other day that with the exception of the IBS problems I have been healthier on the whole since I started this diet over two years ago. May just be a fluke or something but I haven't had a cold in 1 1/2 years. A few times when my kids were sick I thought I was coming down with it but it never materialized.

Wonder if others are healthier or not???

Leigh

#261914 - 05/05/06 07:33 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

That is the cutest pic on your posting. And you live in OC. I'm so jealous. I love it down there. I wish I could move back.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#261915 - 05/05/06 07:37 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

I use to get colds very frequently but I found out that it was actually allergies and not colds. Silly me. I felt like such a dum-dum when I found that out.

I drink pulp free orange juice with safe meals and never on an empty stomach and it seems to be okay. Tropicana makes a no-pulp/low-acid orange juice that is pretty good. Oh, and as a dessert, you can pour a little bit of the juice onto some soy vanilla ice cream. Orange Juice Float. Ohhh, yum.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 300 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 740

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review