All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Caloric Overload complicates Weight Loss, right?
      #260013 - 04/25/06 09:47 AM
MustLoveHorses

Reged: 04/18/06

I find that snacking throughout the day calms my guts (but not my stomach (see post re: possible delayed gastric emptying)). And I snack on good stuff: fruit, cereal, soluble veg., nuts. I have a great, varied diet. I'm pretty lucky in this case. However, in order to keep my IBS MOSTLY happy, I have to snack all day long. I have been eating whole and/or organic foods now since Feb.1 and have lost NOT A SINGLE POUND. In fact, I think I gained a few I recently did some daily calore counts and have found that, even eating 'good stuff,' I am taking in over 2000 cal./day. I've read that someone my height and weight (OVERweight might I add!) should take in no more than 1920 cal./day to MAINTAIN this weight. Well, I don't want to MAINTAIN it, I want to lose some of it. I read that to lose some of it, I should cut my calories by as much as 300 cal./day. How the heck am I supposed to do that if I end up eating all the time? Here are some of the things I eat: soy crisps, apples, nuts, squash, mango, rice, multi-grain cereal, soy milk, rice milk, pear, soy yoghurt, berries, carrots.

Thank you!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Caloric Overload complicates Weight Loss, right? new
      #260022 - 04/25/06 10:15 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

Try splitting the difference with exercise. Go to www.caloriesperhour.com to determine how many calories certain activities burn.

Plus, if you add some strength training in, you'll kick up your metabolism by adding some muscle.

--------------------
~jules

joint he fitness board.. new
      #260026 - 04/25/06 10:52 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

work with a doctor.. all ideas.. basically the goal is to expend more calories then you intake.. I too graze- I eat at least 6 times per day, but I maintain my weight and even do a fair job of losing a bit.. I use fitday.com, right now thats not true- but thats because I am not being active due to my other health issues and now I'm on prednisone for them... talk about weight gain!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: Caloric Overload complicates Weight Loss, right? new
      #260037 - 04/25/06 12:43 PM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Nuts might not be the best choice - they're very dense in calories. You might be able to maintain the same volume of food for fewer calories if you substitute something lower in fat/higher in fiber. Fruits and veggies are the best things here, but you want to make sure you're not getting insoluble fiber without some soluble fiber as a cushion.

--AC

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 725 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 549

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review