All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
question about peppermint oil capsules
      #25581 - 11/05/03 09:04 AM
annmarie

Reged: 03/31/03

I was doing really well up until recently, and am now back on the antispasmodic that I worked so hard to get off of. My doctor is still doing tests to make sure it's not my Crohn's, but I think it's my IBS. My question is whether it is safe for me to take the peppermint oil capsules while I am also taking the antispasmodic. Drinking peppermint tea really helps me, so I thought if I started taking the pills, I could gradually get off the antispasmodics again. They really make me tired and grumpy (according to my husband!) I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: question about peppermint oil capsules new
      #25629 - 11/05/03 10:52 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - you should be completely safe to do this. You can double-check with your pharmacist, but there should be no interaction between the peppermint and the antispasmodics. And your theory is a good one - you might well be able to taper off the antispasmodics and use the peppermint caps instead. They're an antispasmodic as well, but without the side effects. I personally find them much more helpful than my rx antispasmodic.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5847 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 414

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review