All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Citrucel bothering me- should I switch?
      #25498 - 11/04/03 02:37 PM
fishnets

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: MA

I've been taking Citrucel on and off, half a scoop each time that I take it. I notice that the next day my IBS acts up a little, but I wondering if this is because I should switch to something else or if it's because I'm being irregular taking it (like taking it once every couple days). If I take it everyday do you think my stomach will get more used to it? Or is this not supposed to happen?

--------------------
IBS-C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Citrucel bothering me- should I switch? new
      #25507 - 11/04/03 03:06 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - try dropping the dose but increasing the frequency (try twice a day). And make sure there's no artificial sweeteners or citric acid in the variety you're using. If this doesn't help things, try a different type of soluble fiber - one without anything added to it if possible.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#25610 - 11/05/03 10:22 AM
fishnets

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: MA

Actually the kind I have does have artificial sweeteners, it's the sugar-free orange flavor I actually have a container of Benefiber, maybe I'll start taking that instead. Do you find it works well?

--------------------
IBS-C

#25621 - 11/05/03 10:33 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Benefiber has worked great for some, but awful for others. It's another one of those trial and error ones. I heard a couple people on the board rave about it, so decided to try it - but ended up with lots of gas and bloating. But again, that's just me so it might work great for you!

--------------------
- Jennifer

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5804 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 502

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review