All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
acacia fibre
      #254935 - 03/28/06 08:10 AM
pinkprincess

Reged: 08/17/05
Loc: Manchester, u.k

I`ve been taking this for three days now...on the back of the pack it says ibs-d should see a difference by then. hmmmmmmm.

Has anyone taken this and it has not agreed with them? What times in a day do people take it? can i take it in hot liquids and when should I increase my dose?

Gosh I ask alot of questions...sorry!Hope you can help (again) guys!
Thanks
Jo xx

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/jo_elsmere

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: acacia fibre new
      #254959 - 03/28/06 10:40 AM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

If you strictly follow Heather's diet recommendations, and start off with only safe sf foods + acacia fiber + lots of tea, then yes you will notice a change in 3 days. The fiber alone will not cure you, especially at a low dose. I increased my does every 3-5 days or so by 1/2 tsp at a time.

Some people say they have problems with bloating and gas with it. I would give it much longer than 3 days however to decide if it's right for you. Also you should be paying attention to the foods you eat and how you react to that.

I took it when I woke up, before going to bed, and sometime during the day (usually 3-4 ish in the afternoon, before supper)

It doesn't tend to mix as well with hot liquids. Besides cold drinks, you can also try it with moist foods.

Try increasing once a week or so, tolerance is different for everyone!

Stay patient! It does take time to fix up your stomach.
And keep asking questions,
Kat

--------------------
Kat

#254961 - 03/28/06 10:47 AM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

I'm IBS-A - leaning more towards C the last few months. I take a fairly large dose of acacia - I take 1TB 3x per day. I take one with breakfast, one with lunch and one with dinner. I worked my way up to that dosage very very slowly. Also, I can't stand mixing acacia with liquids - I just can't get it to dissolve enough so that I am not swallowing big mushy lumps. I think part of the reason is that I am impatient and want it to dissolve immediately. In any case, I find it easier to mix it with applesauce. Sometimes in the morning I will mix it with oatmeal. And if dinner includes a rice dish, I will mix it with that. Just to give you some ideas....I know there are others who pre-mix it in their drinks - so you could add it to water or cold herbal tea the night before and drink it the next day - it would definitely dissolve that way....

I would give it more time before you decide it's working for you or not.

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

#255101 - 03/29/06 06:14 AM
rlhilliard

Reged: 08/05/05
Loc: Racine, WI

I always feel somewhat better when I take the acacia fiber. There are other factors too. I can take about 1 tablespoon and do all right. Some people have trouble with it though. I typically have it in my peppermint tea and I actually put some in my cold water the other day and it seemed to work out. I've also put it in my food. Just kind of depends on my mood in the morning, I guess.

Just keep up with trying the different ideas that are floating around here. You will find the right combo for you!

--------------------
yep, it's me,
Rebecca

#255113 - 03/29/06 07:22 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

You take 1 T all at once or spread it out through the day? I thought you were taking Citrucel.

What "other factors" are you talking about? Are you eating GF and is that helping?

Thanks.....oh, are you a C or D or A?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#255148 - 03/29/06 10:34 AM
rlhilliard

Reged: 08/05/05
Loc: Racine, WI

I was doing Citrucel, but decided to try Heather's Acacia fiber. It seems to work out for me. I tend to take it all at once...and I seem to be okay with that.

The other factors: avoiding pop, too many veggies, things like that. =) Especially pop.

I'm more of a C, but will be a D if I eat too much of the wrong thing. John (my husband) and I call it a Denny's momment...sigh...the memories...We were coming home from the coast and I HAD to go...so we stopped at Denny's...I exploded thankfully no one else was in the bathroom.

--------------------
yep, it's me,
Rebecca

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6105 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 748

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review