All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Triglycerides
      #254701 - 03/27/06 09:09 AM
sandys

Reged: 03/22/06

Has anybody developed high triglycerides due to all the simple grains used as the basis for this program? Should we be concerned?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Triglycerides new
      #254869 - 03/27/06 09:30 PM
franny

Reged: 05/16/05
Loc: N. FL

Yes, my triglycerides have increased since I began the diet last May...BUT my cholesterol went down 60 pts and I lost 30lbs. I was really eating way too much sugar and starches compared to the few fruits and veggies I ate. Heather recommends a more balanced diet than I followed for awhile because of my fear of IF. I've changed that pattern to incorporate more IF. I just had my blood drawn last week and go back to the doc next week. Hopefully there will be some improvement.

--------------------
Franny
IBS/D
Celiac

Re: Triglycerides new
      #254948 - 03/28/06 09:16 AM
sandys

Reged: 03/22/06

Good luck with your blood work. I was afraid of that. I have a friend who had a heart attack due to high triglycerides. He is a bodybuilder & eats 'good' carbs for energy. His other counts were ok. That's why I'm curious what happens here long term. Excess sugars of any kind will raise triglycerides. This plan limits snacks of nuts, dairy & fatty things so I end up eating carbs when hungry. My IBS is better, but don't want or need other complications. This probably should be a number to watch closely on this program.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1177 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 505

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review