All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
fissure problems
      #252676 - 03/17/06 08:37 AM
Cindy321

Reged: 03/13/06
Loc: Georgia

hi everyone- can anyone tell me what to do for a fissure? i had it examined by a Dr and he told me I dont need surgery and to just eat more fiber, but fiber actually constipates me more. I find that every day I have to strain to have a BM and in doing so the fissure opens up and bleeds. Is it bad for this to be happeneing every time you have a BM...can it cause rectal cancer or anything like that? thanks for your time

cindy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: fissure problems new
      #252702 - 03/17/06 10:06 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Soluble fiber won't constipate you, but insoluble fiber (from whole wheat bread and other foods listed as IF foods on Heather's guidelines) will cause more problems. I've had a fissure before and there are several things you can do to help yourself. One would be to start taking a soluble fiber supplement, like Benefiber or Acacia (avoid Metamucil since this also contains IF) and drink more water. Actually, there have been a few discussions about this is the last week - there are lots of things you can and different medications you can use to help the fissure heal. Here are some links for you to check out:

Fissures

Fissure FAQ

Fissures 2

Fissure 3

Fissures do not cause cancer and they don't usually lead to any more serious complications.

Edited by Maria! Maria! (03/17/06 10:07 AM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6027 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 303

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review