Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
would that be white rice?-nt new
      #251631 - 03/11/06 07:55 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Dreid apricots do it for me! new
      #251774 - 03/12/06 11:07 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I'm sorry about that...

Benefiber is a soluble fiber supplement containing guar gum. Heather seels Acacia fiber (whioch works great for many) and there are other like equlactin, metamucil and such. Many of us try several fiber supplements before we find one that works for us...

Did I answer your question sufficiently? If not let me know Hurray for you being such a great mommy helping your daughter out...you're both super fortunate to have each other *hugs*

Love,

Sarala

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Where can I find Amy's Black Bean soup? new
      #251810 - 03/12/06 12:49 PM
Augie

And is the lentil called lentil vegetable? I can only find a plain lentil (brown can). You eat 2 servings per can at once?

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: yep, 4 grams... new
      #252152 - 03/14/06 10:18 AM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

I hear ya. I think we've all been there. I'm sorry you're still searching. Make sure that when you switch to a new treatment you give it at least 2 weeks to see if it works.
Don't forget excersize & plenty of fluids!! Hope you get better soon!

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

Should I eat beans... new
      #255800 - 04/02/06 01:03 PM
Augie

with white rice or is brown or a mixture okay? I'm a C with pain, bloat, gas...

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Should I eat beans... new
      #255856 - 04/02/06 09:37 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I know you'll ignore anything I add to this post, but I started adding hard-core beans by the tablespoon full. One of my favourite "snacks" at the moment is carrots (baby, organic, baked or steamed/chilled) and hummus. It's great with yellow or green zucchini, as well. Carrots are really good SF, especially with legumes and complimentary in flavours. I'm going through this creepy phase where my body actually wants/craves carrots for dessert, of all things (I have a salt deficiency)! Of all legumes, I find lentils the most gentle of all. As I'm not feeling meaty of late, this is becoming a staple.

I would eat whichever type of rice your gut instinct tells you to eat. Start with less, because they are potent, lol.
A little goes a long way. Maybe try 2 tbsp. to start?

Personally, I find red beans the most problematic/"iffy" and avoid them at all costs!

Baby steps.

That's my worthless input. Best wishes.

Kate, IBS-D.

Re: Should I eat beans... new
      #255860 - 04/03/06 02:37 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Beth- I think stick with whatever rice you normally eat. If you change to brown when you normally eat white you might confuse your system and vice versa. I eat brown rice most of the time so when I eat beans (less frequently now than I used to) I eat it with that. Use whatever works for you.

Kate- I'm with you on the carrots- I cannot get enough of them- interestingly I was talking to a friend's Mum who is a diabetic at the weekend and she can't eat them at all because they are very high in sugar- so this might be why you are craving them as dessert!

--------------------
S.

Thank you....very helpful!-nt new
      #255869 - 04/03/06 06:18 AM
Augie

--------------------
~ Beth

Good advice....thank you!-nt new
      #255870 - 04/03/06 06:19 AM
Augie

--------------------
~ Beth

Cailin, re: carrots new
      #255930 - 04/03/06 10:36 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Cailin, that's interesting--my family is full of raging diabetics who cannot eat carrots and beets. I guess, in an IBS-health-nut-case kind of way, carrots are my "cookies."

Also, they are doing wonders for my skin and bowel tone. They are great "poop" toners and heal my raw-D bum really fast. So...delicious treats and low cal/safe dip sticks with IF snacks/meals and internal healers. When I eat carrots, my guts feel pretty darn good. Also, I note, if I've gone to excess with the spices, they tend to naturally freshen my breath and quelch any internal fire!

I haven't smoked in 15 weeks and I read, recently, that carrots and beets are really good lung cleansers and liver cleansers.

I know you're having a problem with sugar, Cailin, from your posts on the fitness board. Perhaps including/substituting/incorporating more safe naturally sweet treats in your diet? Trust me, they make you glow and energize without depressing.

Kate, IBS-D.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 941 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6844

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review