All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I just dont know what to eat anymore!!!! help !
      #247927 - 02/22/06 04:02 PM
Taenea

Reged: 01/16/06

I cannot find anything to eat that does not bother me anymore.Every time I eat I have to run to the toilet and the food comes out whole the way I put it in.In the toilet I can see everything I ate at the previous meal.I have terrible flatulance,gas and bloating and this heavy feeling after meals.I keep burping up my food and sometimes there is this terrible sulfer smell,my rectum is always hurting,and I keep getting rectal yeast infections.

I am allergic to the following foods, egg,soy,pinto beans,kidney beans,peas,lima beans,lentils,gluten,wheat,oat,rye,barley amranth,yucca root,peanuts,and other tree nuts,as well as vinegar,yeast and chocolate!
coming up with tasty meals that dont make me sick or cause my blood sugar to drop is rough,I dont digest meat at all!!! im trying to work on a little chicken or fish,but its not going down well.Brown rice causes much distress and pain,and white rice spikes my blood sugar too quickly.Vegetables are not well tolerated unless cooked into a mush......PLEASE SOMEONE HELP IM GOING CRAZY!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I just dont know what to eat anymore!!!! help ! new
      #247940 - 02/22/06 04:30 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Have you gone to the doctor to get an IBS diagnosis? Have you actually had a food allergy test or are those items you listed just food that you think might be causing you trouble? Are you taking any medications, supplements, probiotics, or fibre supplements?

Have you tried eating organically? new
      #247953 - 02/22/06 05:45 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

It sounds like you have a hyper-sensitive tummy, like me!

It is wonderful that you have isolated your triggers--AVOID THEM!

I can tolerate meat (chicken, turkey) if it is organic, without problems. I think I'm going to switch back to eating only organic vegetables, if I aspire to ever consume them again, beyond a token few tablespoons (I'm having an evil D spell!) of homemade babyfood. Would taking enzymes and Beano help? Beano helps me tremendously. Simethecone helps with gas, tremendously.

I would seriously consider eating organically, or at least giving it a trial run.

Kate, IBS-D.

#247957 - 02/22/06 06:08 PM
Jorns

Reged: 01/08/06
Loc: Illinois

I agree with the other reply about checking for true allergies and being sure it is IBS. I too used to get crazy replays of meals so-to-speak directly after eating them, and I found mine to be very stress related. Also, I have more constipation than anything else and have starting taking Herb-A-Calm. I am finally going regularly, but I am not sure if this is due to the supplement or if it is due to limited coffee, no pop, and drinking lots of water. Hope you find something you are able to eat. Oh, I too have heard that organic items have helped people with dietary issues in AWESOME ways.

#248043 - 02/23/06 07:40 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I assume you've seen a doctor since your last post to diagnosis rectal yeast infections. What did s/he say about the bruising?

Quote:

I am allergic to the following foods, egg,soy,pinto beans,kidney beans,peas,lima beans,lentils,gluten,wheat,oat,rye,barley amranth,yucca root,peanuts,and other tree nuts,as well as vinegar,yeast and chocolate!

I agree with the other posters that it's important to know for sure if you're truly allergic or simply having bad gastrointestinal reactions to them. First and foremost, gluten and wheat allergies are important to track down because they may indicate celiac disease.

Beyond that, if you have IBS and not food allergies, I would still expect you to react badly to most of the foods you list UNLESS you eat them safely: with a solid SF base and, where appropriate, chopped, pureed, cooked, etc.

Chocolate is usually high in fat and combined with dairy, both of which are IBS triggers. You may be able to eat a small amount of chocolate candy once you are stable, but as long as your gut is in an uproar, definitely avoid it (cocoa powder is usually safe). Nuts are notoriously difficult for IBSers - they are high in fat and high in SF. Beans are an IF food and often cause gas problems as well.

You don't say whether you tried the suggestions made to your earlier post, but if not, I would: Imodium, an SFS without any IF in it (start low and go up slowly!), and as much SF food as possible. Ideally, try the Break The Cycle diet for 2-3 days if you can, assuming the root vegetable SF foods are lower-GI and thereore tolerable for you (it sounds from what Maria and Linz said like they would be). I also use Donnatol for truly bad attacks. It has side-effects - drowsiness, dry mouth - but it can be quite useful over the short term to get things settled down.

Are you on a med for your PCOS? Could this be exacerbating the diarrhea as Maria suggested?

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#248049 - 02/23/06 08:14 AM
Bluesguy

Reged: 11/28/04
Loc: Libertyville, IL

Hi
I was like you a few years ago, until I found this site. I had gotten to the point where I could not eat anything and was extremely skinny and never felt good.
I found a few basic thngs I could always eat such as white rice, homemade bread with no fat and I usually try to eat broccoli to help control the H pylori bacteria which I am positive for. One of the best things I did was to start taking Acacia (soluble fiber). I am a thin person to begin with and have remained at taking one tablespoon in the AM and one in the PM for a long time.
My life still revolves around the bathroom, but I am able to function and occasionaly enjoy myself, which for me is an improvement.
I try to add new things to my diet, they usually don't work, but every now and then I find something else I can tolerate.
My diet typically consists of English Muffins for breakfast with some type of Smuckers 100% fruit jelly. Lunch is a sandwich of my homemade bread, again with fruit spread (no peanut butter, whic I miss dearly) and dinner is rice, bread and broccoli. I eat other vegetable, but broccoli helps the most. I have problems with bloating and gas. I snack often during the day on Tostitos, bread and SnackWells Devils Food or Vanilla cream sandwich cookies. Pretty boring, repetitive, but it works. It took a long time to get my insides working again, but you have to start somewhere.
I have yet to find a pizza sauce that is not too spicy, or cheese that does not bother me, but I keep trying. I can tolerate angel food cake and some other nonfat treats.
Every day is a stuggle, I spend way too much time in the bathroom wating for stuff to fall out, but I manage to work full time and have a limited social life.
I have steadily gained weight over the past year or so and my outlook has improved. I still have bad days and weeks.
Good luck, try to get a handle on stress and keep trying, what else can you do?
Jim

#248055 - 02/23/06 08:29 AM
BethE

Reged: 06/09/03
Loc: Syracuse, NY

And I, on the other hand, cannot tolerate the broccoli unless with a LOT of soluble fiber, and no way can I eat the snackwell's. Of course, before I truly started to follow the entire regime, I spent most of my time racing what could fall out. Find pizza sauce was hard, but I started using Heather's recipe for tomato suop, thickened a bit, and it works great. Also, to get rid of the peel issue, I have used stewed tomatoes, blended with spices I like and can tolerate (oregano, basil, parsley, etc.) but no onion or garlic, and sometimes some shredded carrots, steamed. I would say though that you should start over with the initial 'getting control' diet: http://www.helpforibs.com/diet/faq.asp#break_cycle, and go from there. I still have to go back to it once and a while when things get a little slippery. Good luck, and I'll keep my eyes peeled for anything that might help.

--------------------
Beth
IBS - D

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1996 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1506

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review