All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Re: Desperately seeking help! new
      #24856 - 10/29/03 08:03 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Hi Michele! I can see that you've gotten lots of good advice, so I don't know what else to suggest! I also suffer from primarily IBS-C, so I know exactly what you're talking about. I've been following Heather's diet for almost a year now, and it has helped me so much! I'd be lying if I said I didn't still have some problems, but I can't even imagine how I would be if I hadn't found Eating for IBS. I just discovered these message boards very recently, and I've already learned so many interesting things here, too! If you have any questions, this is the best place to ask! I hope that you're able to break your cycle of attacks. Keep us posted on how you're doing!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#24879 - 10/30/03 05:29 AM
Princess1923

Reged: 10/28/03
Loc: New Jersey

I ordered all of those things and hoping to get them by tomorrow!!! Do you use Heather's teas or a store brand?

#24880 - 10/30/03 05:34 AM
Princess1923

Hi Kree,
Thank you for responding. I just started reading Eating for IBS last night and I'm hooked!!! I've ordered some teas and peppermint caps, so hopefully I'll have them by the weekend and be on the road to a less painful future!!!

#24932 - 10/30/03 09:44 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I used to use the kind from the store, but now I use Heather's. I like hers MUCH better!

When did you order? I'm in NJ also, and I've ordered 3x now. 2x was on a Friday/Saturday and I got them both the following Friday. Then, my last order I placed on Monday, and got it by Wednesday! Strange, huh? LOL

#24945 - 10/30/03 10:15 AM
Princess1923

I think I ordered on Monday??? Which is why I am really hoping to have it by tomorrow. Where in NJ are you?

You'd think there'd be some rhyme and reason here... new
      #24959 - 10/30/03 11:29 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

I try to ship out orders the day I receive them, even Saturdays if possible. Since I'm in Seattle, you'd think that people on the East Coast would take the longest to get their orders. But it doesn't seem to work that way, and I have no idea why. I also don't know why it would make a difference what day of the week an order goes out. If NJ takes 2 days when an order is sent on a Monday, why would it take 5 days if it's sent on a Friday?! Sometimes people in the Midwest take 5 days too, but people in the UK (and Australia!) only take 2 days.

Sometimes I think it's just the Post Office. You know the old Lily Tomlin routine from Laugh-In where she's a telephone operator who disconnects all of Chicago just for kicks? Her motto was "We're the phone company. We don't care. We don't have to." I think the Post Office has adopted that motto...

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#24972 - 10/30/03 01:28 PM
NancyS

Reged: 10/15/03

Hi Michelle,

I'm a newby on here as well but have found the information SO helpful! Before I really knew what was wrong, I tried accupuncture and the herbal supplements. They didn't seem to help me but they may help others.

Like you, I am so thankful for some input and encouraged by others' experience.

Here's to fewer and fewer "attacks!"

Nancy

#24974 - 10/30/03 01:50 PM
Princess1923

Hi Nancy,
Thanks for sharing about the accupuncture and herbs. I was really considering the accupuncture, but have decided to just try to eat the way I am supposed to, drink some teas and forget about the doctors and such for now.

#24982 - 10/30/03 03:22 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I know how you feel. I have no patience and it always seems like it takes forever! LOL I now have backup bags of tea, so when I open them, I'll order more so I won't have to wait.

I'm in Delran area BTW - right across from Philly.

#24993 - 10/30/03 07:35 PM
Princess1923

Oh wow...I'm about 5 minutes from you in Maple Shade!!! Small world, huh?!?!?!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2563 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6511

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review