All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Please help have fallen off track after months of feeling great
      #24666 - 10/28/03 01:29 PM
broná

Reged: 10/28/03

Hello,it's been a while since i'v been here,pc broken,had to get a new e-mail address and am useing a new user name,i think my old one was shannon,i'm not sure but i'm real glad to be back,i'm mad at myself for falling back because due to this site i became a new woman,healthy and no more constapation,no acid reflux,no bloating and all that goes with ibs,i even lost weight,WHAT WENT WRONG WITH ME I MUST BE CRAZY,i wish with all my heart that i can come back and feel as good as i did for almost a year.I slowly added little by little the naughty foods and thought i could get away with it,but i am a total mess and need help getting back please.Can someone advise me how to get back,i have started with oatmeal and lindseeds for breakfast and have forgotten all the good advice i gained here,i'm ashamed to say.I DIDN'T REALISE HOW WELL I FELT,appreciate your time and help with this.
broná.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Please help have fallen off track after months of feeling great new
      #24672 - 10/28/03 01:48 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Hi Brona - welcome back!

We all fall off the wagon from time to time - me more times than some Do you have Heather's books? They're a great way to get back on track and relearn everything you learned before.

Also check out Breaking the Cycle on Heather's site. It will help you stabalize until you're ready to start adding insoluble fiber again. Peppermint teas and heat packs will help tremendously as well.

Hope this helps!

--------------------
- Jennifer

Re: Wecome again.. new
      #24688 - 10/28/03 04:49 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

... Brona, It's good to have you back.

First of all, don't berate yourself for falling off the wagon - it happens to us all. It's easy to start thinking about having trigger foods etc when you're feeling well as you think "I'm doing so well - surely this won't hurt"?

Congratulate yourself on the effort and subsequent success you had previously and know that if things were good then it won't be long before they're good again.

I urge you to read Heather's post at the top of this board which contains all the helpful info that newcomers need. I know you're not a newcomer but it might refresh your memory for you.

After that, please fire away any questions you may have and please know that we will all be here to support you and get you back on track.

Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

#24697 - 10/28/03 06:25 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Welcome back and don't feel too bad about eating bad foods. Hey I did it on Saturday during my son's birthday party and finally feeling better today.
Hope you feel well again soon.

#24698 - 10/28/03 06:36 PM
maryh

Reged: 10/02/03
Loc: IL

Welcome back! We all fall off the wagon-important thing is your back and start your body stabilizing from the beginning! heather's newsletters and books are a good way to do it! Mary

--------------------
Whatever doesn't kill me will make me stronger!

#24757 - 10/29/03 11:49 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Welcome back. Don't feel bad. I fall "off the bandwagon" all the time! I can feel great for a while and then get into foods I shouldn't and end up back at square one - and I'm a moderator for heaven's sake!!!!!
I think a lot of us can relate to what you're going through. Don't feel ashamed. None of us here are perfect (well, except maybe Heather!). Don't beat yourself up for what's done. You'll bounce back in no time. Go back to your soluble fibers and slowly add back your insolubles. Review the trigger foods and avoid them. Cook everything well and chew slowly. Drink lots of peppermint tea.
Let us know how you're feeling!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#24812 - 10/29/03 02:02 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Welcome back!

Don't kick yourself about falling off track - I'm always doing it and then regretting it. I had some chocolate today cos I felt crappy and so am now waiting for the IBS to kick in . Ah well, we can but try. Have you got Heather's book. When I've been bad I have another look at the recipes to inspire me.

Oh! Try making Anti-depressant brownies. I haven;t stopped raving about these since I discovered the recipe! They're quick, they're easy, they're low fat and safe, as well as being very chocolatey and VERY yummy. The easy way to stay on track - eat the stuff you want!

Good luck and keep on posting.

Linz

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 704 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 714

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review