All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Spasms?
      #244341 - 02/06/06 06:21 AM
Curt B

Reged: 02/06/06

Hi,

I new to this board so I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, so sorry in advance if I'm wrong. I have bad bloating and some bowel problems like loose stools and urgency. I had all the tests done with nothing found. I believe I have IBS so I'm going to follow the diet. The question I have is this: I get what I would call spasms just below my navel, but they are very infrequent(although I can get many over and over at times) and very quick. They can be hardly there but also hard enough to make me jump. Would this be a spastic colon? Thanks.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Spasms? new
      #244386 - 02/06/06 09:07 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Hi Curt! Yep, sounds like IBS to me. FYI, "spastic colon" and IBS are the same thing.

I used to have the same spasms. Heather's diet - eating safely, cutting out trigger foods - worked wonders. Give it a try!

Welcome to the boards, by the way. You posted in the right place.

Re: Spasms? new
      #244411 - 02/06/06 10:19 AM
Curt B

Reged: 02/06/06

Hi Casey,

Thanks for the response. I'm going to give the diet a try. I already eat this way mostly (soy and rice milk, quinoa, white rice, potatoes, etc.) but I've never given up red meat or pork before. The only dairy I ate was Whey protein powder and a little butter, although I had given those up in the past and it didn't help. Hopefully following this diet to the letter will do the job. Thanks.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 777 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 405

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review