All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Good one day, bad the next...
      #24017 - 10/20/03 12:24 PM
Saralou

Reged: 10/18/03
Loc: Maryland

Does anyone know why a trigger food or GI irritant such as pizza or alcohol can be fine with your system one day and then you can eat them again the following week and your system can no longer handle them? Is it a matter of what else you've paired it with or what?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Good one day, bad the next... new
      #24018 - 10/20/03 12:33 PM
Morven

Reged: 07/31/03
Loc: Scotland,UK

Hi Saralou

Am so glad you posted this! This happens to me and is soooooo frustrating,at times you feel like giving up trying to figure it out! All i can think of is what other foods you have had one day that you didn't have the last time,and for me anyway it can be how stressed i am,as this is a big factor for me!

--------------------
Morven

#24019 - 10/20/03 12:35 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I think its a mtter of how stable you are and what else you have recently eaten. For example, I'm IBS C and love salads, I do fine if I only have a salad a week but if I eat them two days in a row-watch out! Same thing with strawberries, so if I have a big bowl of strawberries for breakfast and then a salad for lunch, I'm in trouble. But if I have oatmeal for breakfast and a salad for lunch and a "safe dinner" I'm ok. I would stay away from a known trigger the next day than I can usually have a trigger food again. This is within reason, everyone reacts different. Try keeping a journal to identify your triggers. I hope this helps!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#24051 - 10/20/03 06:40 PM
maryh

Reged: 10/02/03
Loc: IL

I have found that pizza and wine (boohoo) are my some of my worst triggers! i have good luck with veggie cheeseless pizza from delivery places! Plus it gives people something to talk about! Mary

--------------------
Whatever doesn't kill me will make me stronger!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1309 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 448

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review