All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Acacia
      #236176 - 01/06/06 06:50 AM
Karen1974

Reged: 01/06/06

Just curious. I am supposed to have dry mouth with Acacia?? Does it go away. I have been using it for two days.
Thanks!
Karen

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Acacia new
      #236196 - 01/06/06 08:00 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Make sure you are drinking AT LEAST 64oz water in a day....and no diuretic drinks! And drink one glass with each dose. SFSs work by forming a gel with water so if you don't drink enough water it'll absorb the water from your body.

#236235 - 01/06/06 09:24 AM
Karen1974

Reged: 01/06/06

I have had a half gallon of water this morning!! I only mixed 1/2 teaspoon with a huge glass and bacically have been drinking water ever since.I still have a really dry mouth from taking Acacia. Will this go away?

#236246 - 01/06/06 09:56 AM
Knewada

Reged: 11/07/05
Loc: Ohio

I don't know if anyone has ever heard of alergies to Acacia? Being a natural plant fiber it is posible, though I have not read anything that would sugest a reaction to it. Have you started any other suplements or medications at the same time? During cold weather the air in your home tends to dry out, and could add to the feeling.

--------------------
If one end don’t get yah, the other will.

#236295 - 01/06/06 11:49 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

You're drinking enough water to handle the tiny bit of acacia you've taken. So, either your dry mouth is from something else or you may have some type of reaction to acacia.

There have been people on the Boards who seem to be allergic to acacia - they are bothered by the tiniest bit of it - but they usually report intestinal symptoms. However, I did find two other references to acacia and dry mouth. One poster mentions only acacia; the other poster has a lot of stuff going on besides acacia.

I'd say, if you truly believe it's the acacia, stop it for a couple of days without changing anything else. If the dry mouth goes away, start the acacia again. If it comes back, you might have to try a different SFS. You'll notice in Kandee's reply to the second post I list above, though, that she says it took her 3 months to adjust to it, so consider hanging in there if you can. I take it and love it.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 480 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 764

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review